Volume Leads Price Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cnms2, Nov 27, 2014.

1. cnms2

cnms2

Many Thanks to Jack Hershey and Spydertrader! & Best wishes!

CDNpatriot1 and baro-san like this.
  2. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Thanks for making this thread. It's a shame that the community seems to be so much smaller/inactive in present times. I feel like a lot of the older P/V traders are quite familiar to me even though they have no idea who I am just from reading the old journals so many times.

CDNpatriot1 likes this.
  3. baro-san

baro-san

Nice call!

4. Ditto thank you spydertrader and Jack Hershey wherever you are!

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Jack and I never got along particularly well way back when, and we still disagree on what I consider to be important issues. But I hope that those of you who have benefited from Jack's guidance will make every effort to contact him and tell him how much you appreciate his help while you still can.

Db

fortydraws likes this.
  6. river

river

On the off chance that Jack, or Spyder, is lurking here but not posting: I'd like to echo the sentiment in this thread and again offer my gratitude to each of you. Thank you for so many valuable posts over the years.

If someone has an update on Jack’s health or knows how to contact him I would appreciate a PM as I would like to be able to thank him more directly than simply through an ET post.

Best Wishes!

-river

smwbbe likes this.

7. In what ways do you use JH's materials? It wasn't until I started seeing the real power behind channels that I ever gave Jack Hershey's writings a second thought. He seemed to have a way to complicate things, but I'd be very interested to hear his material explained by someone else that is using it. Any thread I've ever looked at in the past involving him became overwhelmed with trolls, and the material ended up going nowhere.
    Feel free to PM.

8. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Essentially, what Jack discovered, formatted, developed, or whatever you want to call it, is a framework and a set of logical principles that all liquid markets naturally conform to.

I was thinking about how to describe TA to people who don't have any exposure to the field at all, and the best I could come up with was that it's similar to when Neo ascends or something and starts seeing the flowing green code in the Matrix instead of the normal image of the virtual world they're in.

Anyway, to answer your question, I used JH's materials to help me teach myself the language of the market and trade according to the sentiment it's displaying on whatever fractal I want to partner with. I wouldn't say the methodology is his in the sense of ownership. That would be like saying the laws of physics are Newton's methods of how the world works, to give a crude example.

The DB/Wyckoff material is quite similar in it's fundamental premise, only the focus has more room for subjectivity and analyzes behavior while JH is completely technical with the use of price tick movement and amount of volume as it's variables. However, as far as I know humans have yet to create a highly liquid and freely traded market that doesn't conform to both of these " methods' " fundamental principles.

9. wilddog

wilddog

Jack is a legend. I am grateful to Todd for deciphering Jacks visions and ideas by putting pen to paper.

A big thank you and GOD bless, may you find peace.

10. Sprout

Sprout

Yes. The flame lives on. Transference is possible for any who make the journey. Even now, even with many broken links, the teachings are relevant, applicable and life changing. Deepest heartfelt gratitude and appreciation !!!

#10     Apr 9, 2017