Volume--- how to use it and WHY

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by marketsurfer, Jul 2, 2009.

1. When you create a chart using constant volume bars as a replacement for time, tick or range bars, the variable aspect is completely eliminated.

If you have the ability, set up a chart using them and see for yourself. Don't take my word for it.

#21     Jul 2, 2009
  2. Volume leads Price. Always.

However, far more information exists within a Volume Pane than simply the height of a specific Volume Bar.

The sequences of Volume which exist across every fractal, and on every time frame provide the 'points' in time where one trend ends and another begins.

These sequences repeat - over and over again - across all markets - every day.

- Spydertrader

#22     Jul 2, 2009
  3. Really, please explain when; "60 minutes isn't 60 minutes" or any other variation on that theme.

#23     Jul 2, 2009
  4. Here is a marked chart from the 30th for the Euro FX (6E). This was marked for the overnight trades and then the pre-market trades going through open. This is a 343 & 49 CVB Chart. The left chart I simply use for strength and the right for trade decisions and entries.

I prefer the Euro FX in the Summer because the liquidity is stable. The eMini S&P isn't consistent again till Fall. I have a chart from yesterday too, I'll try to find.

#24     Jul 2, 2009
  5. academic

academic

60 minutes experienced by a person on a moving plane is not the same as 60 minutes experienced by someone standing stationary on the ground. However, I don't know if this is the inconstant nature of time that he was referring to.

#25     Jul 2, 2009
  6. Please explain to me what is esoteric about price and volume being contants?

#26     Jul 2, 2009
  7. jim c

jim c

exactly...special relativity?

#27     Jul 2, 2009
  8. Here is workspace for yesterday for the Euro FX through lunch for my east coast trades.

#28     Jul 2, 2009
  9. Google Time as a physical property. Big subject so here's a 2 min intro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7M6LqEAukg

#29     Jul 2, 2009
  10. The reference made here pertains to how time relates to the markets.

#30     Jul 2, 2009