Volume Based Charts Request for HELP

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by brownsfan019, Apr 13, 2007.

1. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

That's new to me. Last time I checked - ok, some time ago - they showed the behavior described above.

Many Thanks

Bernd Kuerbs

#11     Apr 13, 2007
  2. Hi John,

Setting the "format symbol" to trade volume instead of tick count will not resolve the issue.

It is easily proven - call up a share bar chart of whatever interval you prefer. Now click on individual bars on your chart and note "up volume" and "down volume" for several of them.

Add the two values together for each bar - on a constant volume chart, the total will always be the share bar chart interval you selected.

That isn't the case in TradeStation unfortunately.

HM

#12     Apr 13, 2007
  3. Just noticed your chart. You have the volume perference set to tick count.

John

#13     Apr 13, 2007
  4. When I set up a 5000 or 20000 or what ever constant share chart and then put volume bars on it the bars are level give or take a little.

John

• test.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
    #14     Apr 13, 2007
  5. All rather amazing as I have never posted a chart...

Anyway, I have no desire to get into a to and fro on this issue....TradeStation does not offer constant volume bar charts...period....no settings will fix it....call TradeStation as the OP did and as I have done in the past....they will confirm this to you....

It may or may not make any difference depending on your style/method of trading....to some of us, it makes a huge difference...

#15     Apr 13, 2007
  6. TS absolutely doesn't have constant volume bars and that is that.
    If you don't understand the benefit of Constantly Capped Volume Bars then striving to build them is lost in their simplicity.

So being Russian is a bad thing? What, you don't like Blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Asians or Muslims either? You are living on the wrong planet bud!

#16     Apr 13, 2007
  7. taodr

taodr

These days 'americans' is on the hit list as well.

#17     Apr 13, 2007
  8. Russians are crooks along with Nigerians. Not sure who are most accomplished. Nigerians probably work at it harder but Russians have been doing it longer.

John

#18     Apr 13, 2007
  9. Are you the guy who use to call himself Logic Master and had the web site with Spock on it?

John

#19     Apr 13, 2007
  10. John - 'give and take' is NOT acceptable in volume share bars. I'm not paying for charts that are 'kind of 'accurate when other services do exactly what I need.

I called TS directly and they do NOT support constant volume bars. And it can be altered by as much as 30%+.

See my initial pic - one bar on the 500 EC chart is actually at 680 - that's 130 over my threshold. That is unacceptable and will not work.

At this point it looks like Multi is the best option as you can easily import Easy Language into it.

#20     Apr 13, 2007