Volume bars/indicator like this?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fbirdien, Jan 14, 2011.

1. samui

samui

10000 volume bars.
    Woodies 14 period CCI is just for reference. Please, no flamethrowers

#11     Jan 15, 2011
  2. LeeD

LeeD

[​IMG]

#12     Jan 20, 2011
  3. fbirdien

fbirdien

Thank you all for the responses.

Samui- The vortex indicator looks perfect.

1. If possible can you please post 1 min chart zoomed in on 20 min during market hours .( like you posted in your first post )

2. I might subscribe to Investor RT if it performs well with IB feed. Did you have any experience using IB feed with them ? if not which feed was used in the chart you posted.

Thank you

#13     Jan 22, 2011
  4. rdg

rdg

If you are interested in this, I would use something other than the IB feed. It is impossible to sort out where trades take place due to the way they distribute data. With something as active as ES, it might be good enough to give you a reasonably close picture, but if you try it on an instrument where the volume can be dominated by a small number of trades in a period the shortcomings of the feed will be obvious.

#14     Jan 22, 2011
  5. I think something like that can be coded by any charting software that allows you to control/over ride the default plotting method (i.e., draw your own bars/boxes).

#15     Jan 22, 2011
  6. MarketDelta and Investor RT can both do this quite easily.

#16     Jan 22, 2011
  7. samui

samui

Here it is with 1 min bars.

As someone already posted, it's useless with IB data. I prefer it with constant volume charts.

The green indicator at the bottom is % buy volume. It can move above and retrace below the 50% mark during a bar.

#17     Jan 22, 2011
  8. A little off topic, but may as well ask here also. Is anyone aware of any script for NinjaTrader that will display minutes for formation of volume bars, displayed like volume on a time chart?

#18     Jan 22, 2011
  9. the OP pic is think or swim auno the name of the indicator though

#19     Jan 22, 2011
  10. samui

samui

Vortexindicator is just the name of the chart I grabbed to show Bid Ask volume.

The Vortexindicator has nothing to do with Bid Ask volume. I deleted it from the Chart.

Sorry.

#20     Jan 23, 2011