Volume Bar Charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by quannabe, Apr 18, 2012.

1. What about PriceSentinel?... :confused:

#21     Apr 20, 2012
  2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Sorry but each statement you reference in your prior post is false, inaccurate and misleading. Furthermore, they were posted by a disgruntled person whose motivation was to litter various forums with this false information and has since been banned from several trading forums (including this one I believe) for his malicious actions.

#22     Apr 20, 2012
  3. funnyguy

funnyguy

Sorry but this is a quote by Sierra Chart support

And http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=225098

#23     Apr 20, 2012
  4. NinjaTrader_Ray

#24     Apr 20, 2012
  5. Models in tradestation have completely different results than the esignal easylanguage backtests in multicharts. Also, barchart databases have nearly identical results to e-signal.

MC is not too slow, it's just your computer. Use it with PFG Best for best results.

#25     Apr 20, 2012
  6. funnyguy

funnyguy

Huh? I don't understand.

You said every statement of the former guy's quotes is wrong. Then I posted a similar statement by SC support in comparison to one of that guy's quote. Also posted similar posts about Zenfire quality in comparison to that guy's observations and then you say they are not related?

#26     Apr 20, 2012
  7. funnyguy

funnyguy

If it is (much) slower than the software I use then it is too slow using the same computer. In fact MC is overpriced piece of junk

#27     Apr 20, 2012
  8. NinjaTrader_Ray

Right, I said the statements you posted were inaccurate. I am not disputing the post referencing SC support nor am I saying it’s related or not related.

My intent is really simple and clear… to defend and set the record straight when there are inaccurate statements made regarding my company and my partners.

#28     Apr 20, 2012
  9. With all due respect to my friend blowinsky,

I think it's important to point out to anyone not aware of the fact that anyone who is Russian is extremely bent on multicharts, because Multicharts is developed by a Russian-only group (understandable) I wouldn't of commented on this other than blowinsky was condemning CQG, Zenfire AND Kinetik. I have no experience with Kinetik, however I am aware of firms that use CQG and Zenfire AND the historical data with them.

I have my negative opinions about ninja trader, related to support and strategy analyzer - however overall it is positive and definitely better than any other retail platform I have used (including esignal, sierracharts, multicharts, lightspeed). In fact the charting of N T is superior to others, considering the multitude of volume tick and time charts. There are also many add in charts by users who actually know what they are doing when programming (no offense to the younger NT developers and software managers).

I would recommend anyone into retail trading to try the Ninja download if they have not already - try the charts, the strategy analyzer, and then move on after a few minutes..... it is worth while to become familiar with as many platforms as possible so you can save yourself lots of pain and gain tools in the future. imo.

Bottom line.....cqg - zenfire are rock solid reliable. I dont know why B would say otherwise....sad to mislead others. If you want to use kinetik, fine, I have no reason to believe it's bad.

cheers

#29     Apr 20, 2012
  10. just a quick followup for the possible critism I might get.....

Renko charts in NT do NOT work. Nor does backtesting anything but minute and volume bars. Strategy development in NT alone is difficult, but you should be using other programs if you are able to make profitable automation anyways.

Backtesting limit orders does not work, but most compensate this by adding slippage to market orders. Its strange that this bug has been around for awhile - its like they dont know how to fix it.

There are a few other bugs, all very minor to this, related to strategy analyzer. I have found no bugs in charting (besides renko and kagi charts), and none in order execution. Running a completed program trading live is nice because it can route it to multiple brokers, something I ahvent seen at all in retail platforms.

Other platforms have the same level of problems since this is not mainstream software. Ninja has an apparent problem with poorly managing bad developers and not using an industry standard development workflow. With their user base, I would expect different, such as getting a quality check from an outside firm, or cleaning house and getting fewer better developers. Anyone who knows anything over there knows that two A developers are more efficient than 20 second rate developers.

#30     Apr 20, 2012