Volume Analysis

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by melteye, Dec 7, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So much for an attempt at analysis.

#31     Jan 30, 2004
  2. pspr

pspr

Sorry, I'm just popping in here as I have time. What chart would you like? ES? What time frame? Just price and volume?

#32     Jan 30, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Never mind, Wally. I don't have the time or the desire to argue with Jack. I sometimes forget what ET is really all about.

Get a copy of Graifer's book. It provides plenty of examples of what I've been talking about.

#33     Jan 30, 2004
  4. pspr

pspr

No problem. I've got his book, just haven't had time to read that one yet.

#34     Jan 30, 2004
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You might also take a look at the realitytrader site. There's a huge amount of information there. Or used to be. Still is, I assume.

#35     Jan 30, 2004
  6. Would you elaborate?

#36     Jan 30, 2004
  7. Steve is unaware of the relationship of price and volume. He suggests that others do tests that are too limited just before he suggests a more limited test. (See the front end of the attached stuff).

Several people here are asking questions to get help.

Easy rider really hit the P, V nail on the head. (See attached). Steve refers to volume stuff as myths. He is not getting his learning done and he is passing on stuff that is incorrect. (See the scope of his comments)

pspr asks key Q's. dp wrangles with him and tells him to do this do that. Db says volume analysis has nothing to do with volume indicators. Most of db's volume comments do not hold water and usually they are not good examples of how to suceed but instead are examples of how things do not work for db himself.

The attachment will give you a brief set of chronological quotes.

Currently in ET there is not much hope for people working together to achieve personal improvements. Like when a person is overwieght, the first step is to stop continuing more of what is going on. You will see these guys doing the same kind of stuff elsewhere. Currently ET is mostly fragmented and the quality in each sector is random and many young people are getting a bad deal when they try to accomplish anything.

The facts are that Price and Volume and their relationship is THE fundamental building block of good investing. As easy rider correctly inquires, he would love to find the leading value in the relationship. pspr is wishing to iteratively refine what he has going for him. He is deepening his understanding of the basic beginning he has made.

Steve shoots his mouth off about his usual harrange: testing stuff as he simplistically sees it. dp wrangles in a detaily, rather than concept big picture manner, to spout off about trival stuff as usual.

I tried to be sucessful in hitting the STOP button. It worked.

#37     Jan 30, 2004
    #38     Jan 30, 2004
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

As usual, Jack babbles in bumper-stickerese. And you wonder why I don't discuss Wally's chart with him on the board?

Great boards, ET. Yep. Great boards.

#39     Jan 30, 2004
  10. gms

gms

Gotta wonder why Jack is posting anything here when they're wondering why they haven't heard from him on his namesake "Jack Hershey Strategies" forum. To quote one member:

"Jack's preference to post on ET rather than contibute to discussions on this board leaves me bewildered and disappointed. I have not heard from Jack since 13th November."

Not that they'd have any reason to want to hear from him considering they also posted this:

"To my knowledge, very few (if any) in the group have managed to produce consistent profits from using Jack's methods."

http://groups.msn.com/JackHersheysS..._Message=879&LastModified=4675457758580182949

#40     Jan 30, 2004