volume analysis / patterns / clusterization

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Nilats, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Nilats

Nilats

At some point I have developed my own charting software for volume profile analysis where I sort out trade's volume by time frames and price scale. Also added bid/ask volumes.
    Was going to search for specific probable repeatable patterns on price extremums etc.
    Found a couple, then stopped because had better strategies to implement.

Has anyone had any success with patterns/etc based on traded volumes?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. MACD

MACD

Yes

3. Nilats

Nilats

I sent you a pm on what I got..maybe I can get enlightened :)

4. %%
    Yes, sometimes more than others.Stair stepping up volume + ever increasing volume for downtrends used to work better =before it was so widely published. With the exception of REALTY, which needs only a volume of one,LOL; a certain amount of average daily volume can pay off .BUT since IBD founder could read a balance so so well, in his latter years he changed his rule of 100k/+ average day volume+ did far less, sometimes.:cool::cool:,:cool::cool::cool:

5. I usually use the volume profile to see if there is supply or demand entering the market and it serves me very well. For example when I see a wide range up bar who have a lot of volume and in the tops of the bar there was a lot of activity (Seen with VP) and the prices didn't rise more, supply has entered.

murray t turtle and wartrace like this.
  6. %%
    I think volume profile could help with max liquidity/funds/hedge funds;
    but since i tend to trade /invest with 1 million +average day volume , cant say it has ever helped me.[NOT saying i average 1 million a day/LOL, as of yesterday] But it could help some semi liquid small caps.............................................................................

But i enjoy working trends; more so than trying to figure out tops/bottoms on a 5 minute candle; less commissions, less slippage, more profit for me.

7. Forex? Or 1 million in shares value?

I'm intraday trader because I'm in the CME group markets and they have a lot of liquidity and volatility for my size. VP is a very good tool to anticipate changes in the price movements at 5 minutes charts where the trend lines can be lacking. But I want in anymoment of my trader career try another markets like stocks, because my analysis method works in all centralized markets and time frames. The trends help my analysis too, but I give more weight to the daily trends and I will make swing trading when I begin to do long-term trading. Saludos:D:D

8. I dont trade it much, but to use a liquidity leader example; SPY. 50+ million per day average volume...………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

9. Ohhh ok ok I hadn't understood jajajaj. Sorry I speak spanish, but I already understood

10. %%
    Sounds like you understand enough. The best moves may have increasing volume; but most any volume will do.:cool::cool:,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#10     Sep 8, 2019
    Jfranco_2003 likes this.