Volente's Bar and Grill

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by volente_00, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Imaginary. Si!.

LF: Can you imagine how many ES I'm short right now?. You should be able to see through that pink square. (zero...shhhh...don't tell anyone...).

hehe.jpg

#401     Nov 1, 2011
  2. DEMTDAYBOYZR$

:p

#402     Nov 1, 2011
  3. Reading this, I'm now pretty certain that you aren't suffering from addiction, but from obsession-compulsion. There are similarities, but they are totally different in their manifestation. For example an alcohol or drug addict cannot go several days without consuming without showing withdrawal symptoms. An obsessive can do it with ease, days, weeks, months, years, no problem. On the other hand if an obsessive opens a bottle, he keeps drinking till there is nothing left, almost by magic the bottle is gone and our hero is drunk, and everybody even himself believes that he is an addict, but he isn't.

The treatment is quite different. The addict must stop drinking, but the obsessive must find other interest to distract from trading, learning another craft, studying some subject at which he'll become expert in a short time, golf, exercise, etc, etc, etc. Trading becomes then for the obsessive, one more activity at which he excels.:eek:

Been there. Done that.:)

Where did B1S2 put his stop?. :(

#403     Nov 1, 2011
  4. emg

emg

Hola Traders!

#404     Nov 1, 2011
  5. volente_00

volente_00

1 point profit

:)

#405     Nov 1, 2011
  6. volente_00

volente_00

Day is young my friend

You do realize that open gap at 49 gives you a right shoulder that projects to ~1140 ES so if you want lower we must go higher.

#406     Nov 1, 2011
  7. I imagine zero, considering you trade SPY. :) What happened to the picture?

What you wrote in your next post was interesting. Thank you. I`ve always considered myself as OCD light, so you may be on to something there. :)

#407     Nov 1, 2011
  8. Mokele ate it. Why?. Because he could.

#408     Nov 1, 2011
  9. 'tis very hard to nail a rally in circumstances like this. And very hard too to start new shorts. Scaling out and lowering risk to comfortable zone is probably the best alternative. Who knows what is behind the MF fiasco and whether other firms will join the problem wagon. I read that Don Miller had his 7 figure account frozen. When you have problems at Chicago clearing firms, everything gets very dicey.

#409     Nov 1, 2011
  10. I think Pushpull's HS is that ES get back down to where all this euro zone b.s. started around 1100.

It is possible because ES is trading effectively a reflection of where euro is. If euro collapses back down to 1.34 or lower, ES has to drop to 1100 and below.

And it can happen very quickly, like within a week.

#410     Nov 1, 2011