Volente's Bar and Grill

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by volente_00, Oct 10, 2011.

1. yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah, You can't post anything profitable, as you have no fucking clue, you said so yourself...go fuck yourself and post a pic of your sister naked. I may have mercy of her if I wake up in a good mood tomorrow.:p

#391     Oct 31, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Screenshots of entries and exits or YOU STFU.

#392     Oct 31, 2011
  3. I`m not sure if it helps as it seems like when I lose it, I simply lose it. At that point, my behavior is not rational. I pretty much don`t care. It`s like I`m thinking that since I lost so much money already, what difference does it make.

The thing is that I`ve had countless days the last months where I`ve sat on my hands for hours or even the whole day without doing nothing being very disciplined and patient in my trading, only executing when I know I can win.

But as I said, losing it only one single day can do a lot of damage regardless of how disciplined one have been up to that point.

That is why discretionary trading is so hard, in my opinion.

So, did you cover your real or imaginary position by now or does Mokele keep unloading from here? :p

#393     Oct 31, 2011
  4. I told you already about the "circus manager" or "internal manager" or "risk manager". The emotion up and down thing happens to everybody, what you eat, drink, coffee, alcohol, etc. trigger responses, who you speak to, etc, if your mom pisses you off or a relative dies, etc, etc. if you feel something is not right or you are out of control, you have to shut the machine off and go exercise, run a few miles, have sex with some blonde, whatever to pull yourself from the losing loop.

Have you tried a rule of maximum 5 trades per day?. Let's face it if you haven't made any money after 5 tries...then something is off. No?.

Mokele is just getting started, I think. Elusive creature...:D

#394     Oct 31, 2011
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Guys, guys, relax.
    Volente has put a lot of money in this place.
    Last thing we need is for everything to be torn up.

#395     Oct 31, 2011
  6. Usually, my risk manager remains in control, but today my dark passenger told him to fuck off, even though there was no external circumstances leading into today that were likely to throw me off.

The rule of maximum 5 trades or a variation of that could be something to consider. I have a maximum drawdown rule, which would be similar, it`s just that I did not respect it today.

The pattern with my big losing days seems to be that I start out losing pretty much from the open. Not accepting a small drawdown, I dig myself deeper, reasoning that the next trade will be a winner.

The correct thing would be to snap out of it early, turn off the screens, have sex with a brunette and then allow myself the opportunity to try again later that day if I feel that my head is clear and I am within my drawdown boundaries. I need to have a strong enough will power and conscious awareness that the only way I have a chance to win is to get away and try again LATER.

The losing streak is very much real for a discretionary trader. Marty Schwartz had a lot of interesting stuff to say on the subject and even he experienced them from time to time. For him, the only thing to end it was to take time away from the markets. In my experience, that seems to be very much true.

Obviously, removing the discretionary element is one solution. I am working on a new model, but it will take me some time. I`ll give myself one more shot, if not, my efforts may be better spent developing that.

#396     Oct 31, 2011
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Out break even. Will rebuy 38.25

#397     Oct 31, 2011
  8. Picaso

Picaso

On the whole position?

#398     Oct 31, 2011
  9. volente_00

volente_00

Short 45 with 4 point stop and target of 39 will reverse 39 stop 34 target 48

#399     Oct 31, 2011
  10. Hola!. Short ES!. Si!.

#400     Nov 1, 2011