volatitliy poor last few days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by silk, Jan 14, 2003.

1. sammybea

sammybea

db, i have to fully agree with you. There was def money to be made in the last 3 days. I can't say i cleaned up, but anyone who slept through it on the no vol. complaint really missed out, esp on the open.

#11     Jan 14, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Yes, I determined a while back that volume really wasn't an issue, and that was difficult for me to accept since I'd believed for so long that profitable moves couldn't be made unless volume was strong. In fact, my chart reviews have led me to re-examine a number of things that had worked for me over the years but which are no longer very reliable.

But then markets change, and since this is the first bear market in twenty years, a lot of people - including me - are going to have to adjust if they are to make it through.

--Db

#12     Jan 14, 2003
  3. Volatittily, tolavittily, what's the difference? Should have sold the vega!

#13     Jan 14, 2003
  4. Tea

Tea

If you made money then all I can say is good job!

Out of curiosity, how many S&P points did you net for each of the last 3 days?

#14     Jan 15, 2003
  5. Who says I/we did not? :)

#15     Jan 15, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I trade the NQ. I made only a few on Thursday since I was looking to fade the gap and it didn't close. Friday I made 29.5 and Monday 13.

--Db

#16     Jan 15, 2003
  7. sammybea

sammybea

From anyone complaining about volatility, i hope you mades some easy money this morning. I was caught on the wrong side lost 2 ES points. Now in the money about 3. Yawn.. so boring :confused:

#17     Jan 15, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Since there was no gap, I had no direction. The only way I could have played this was to bracket the open, but I haven't backtested that yet. On my list.

If there had been more of a pullback at 0940, I would have taken the continuation. But one point (NQ) wasn't much of a pullback.

--Db

#18     Jan 15, 2003