Volatility

Discussion in 'Trading' started by duard, Apr 29, 2006.

1. duard

duard

From 5-20-06

All in good fun but.......

Small Speculators Have Upped Their Bullish Bets Now at Their Longest in Over a Year

So......

Yes we bounce and suck up the public and small spec money then whamm. Down we go. We might even bounce a 1 or 2%. But historically after this much selling the bounce will be met with selling.

Volatility has officially squeezed.

Good Luck to everyone this is my last post.

#51     May 23, 2006
  2. I think measured standard deviation in the SPX was lower in 1995 ... so maybe lowest volatility in one decade.

#52     May 23, 2006
  3. duard

duard

Bill Cara's blog gets a couple hundred thousand hits a day. Today he wrote:

"V" stands for Volatility, Tues., May 23, 2006, 10:25 AM

The Volatility Factor has returned to markets. At tops and bottoms of market cycles, trading volatility becomes extreme. The charts below, from Bi-weekly through Weekly, Daily and Half-hourly data shows a disturbing picture.

Continue reading ""V" stands for Volatility, Tues., May 23, 2006, 10:25 AM"

Posted by Bill Cara on May 23, 2006 10:25:32 AM

Doin' a Lefty, good luck

#53     May 23, 2006
  4. newbunch

newbunch

According to my volatility measures (many ways to measure based on time frame and period), volatility has not been this low since 1994.

#54     May 24, 2006
  5. Cheese

Cheese

If you have an accurate methodology in place, more volatility just means a bigger pay day for the day. Either you can mark off bigger buy/sells with reference to a larger timeframe or volume charts.
    Or using a smaller time frame (5min) or smaller range bar charts you can micro trade all the moves of the day. This includes the smaller gyrations within the bigger gyrations.
    :)

#55     May 26, 2006