Volatility

Discussion in 'Trading' started by duard, Apr 29, 2006.

1. sgxnk is da most liquid'n'volume driven..tho as of late vols have just collapsed'n'with a 5ticks spread there's no more much of an edge...sgxnk is da singapore contract.

#41     May 16, 2006
  2. duard

duard

well this bear may have legs we'll see very soon...

#42     May 17, 2006
  3. duard

duard

From 05-06-06 01:42 AM
    But now the drunken partygoers must get in the their cars and drive home.[/B][/QUOTE]

60 pt drop, where's my calculator:

05-10-06 12:00 AM
    Calm before the storm.... volatility seems ready to squeeze.

05-11-06 04:01 AM
    When people begin selling in earnest we'll all know it and given the climate it will probably be sustained for a decent correction.

05-12-06 01:02 AM
    Classic rolling sell-off. Volume still light to moderate though which would indicate their are more sellers that haven't bought into the possibility of a top in place. We are back in a range.

hmmmm. 60/1330 = 4.5%. Seems like we're making a few more believers....

Retrace abit for now maybe even see a few buyers here for awhile...

#43     May 17, 2006
  4. duard

duard

Everything you need to know about trading you learned in kindergarten. Musical chairs was probably the best example of trading psychology.

#44     May 17, 2006
  5. duard

duard

Well that bounce didn't last long. We'll see what happens this afternoon. I gotta think yesterday's low should hold for the week.

#45     May 18, 2006
  6. how best to trade high volatility betting on its revertion to lower levels? it is tempting to take advantage of high volatility that we are seeing today, but high volatility implies more risk.

is there anything better than writing straddles/strangles? I would like to limit my risk.

my broker won't let me trade Vix directly.

#46     May 18, 2006
  7. duard

duard

Holy guacamole!!!

Took off after the inside day appeared to be developing then when the bond market closed wham further selling. Well it's good to be right (short) but even I after so much low volatility for so long am a bit surprised.

#47     May 18, 2006
  8. duard

duard

I use volatility and trade it just not directly. Options can be risky but profitable ways to use volatility. There are whole threads about options trading look at spx credit spread trader by option coach.

#48     May 18, 2006
  9. duard

duard

Done squoze...

#49     May 18, 2006
  10. duard

duard

August 2004 was the last time we've seen VIX @ 18.50

Gonna be some steep slopes for awhile I'm glad I sharpened the edges on my favorite skis.

:p

#50     May 22, 2006