volatile market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jmis, Nov 20, 2003.

1. jmis

jmis

anyone know why the sudden drop a few minutes before open this am? this is a day to remember for me, new high and new low within 2 hours time, oy...

jmi

2. Evacuation of Whitehouse.

3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Futures were down all morning in the pre-market so I'm not sure what you mean by the "sudden drop" right before the open. The Istanbul terrorist activity seemed to be the cause and more than offset the jobs report.

4. 6 ES points in 2 minutes based on the White House News right before the open is probably what he's talking about....pretty "sudden" drop in the sense that things were relatively flat even after the morning reports.

5. jmis

jmis

thank you all. that was the drop, i feel so doh :). i checked cnn time to time, but all i saw today was the big disfigured face of michael jackson. scare me.

jmi

6. also remember that cnbc and the newsmedia make up stories as to try and explain after the fact analysis. thats what they get paid to do. No one can really explain why a certain market event took place. Supply and demand at that point and time was corrected. That's it.