VOIP and Vonnage Service over a T1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro, Jan 19, 2004.

1. nitro

nitro

Ugh,

Tomorrow is the _only_ day that is bad - pick any other day.

nitro

#11     Jan 20, 2004
  2. Be back in a few days; going to Bahamas Wednesday morning ...

#12     Jan 20, 2004
  3. I just recently signed up and have been testing the personal plan over the past week. It costs 35 a month and from what I have experienced so far I am about to cut off SBC adn go with only Vonage.

I have a cable connection and so far have not had any problems. I would recommend it to anyone who calls outside of thier local area.

#13     Jan 20, 2004
  4. nitro

nitro

Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, I hope you have some phone backup if you are trading from home, like a cell phone or something. If your cable goes down, and you are in a trade, you cannot get out!

nitro

#14     Jan 20, 2004
  5. MarkB

MarkB

Vonage has been my only landline since Oct 2002. I completely cut the cord with Verizon and went with cable net and Vonage for the phone. It's been great, and the few times when there's been any kinda problem or question, they've responded rapidly via email or phone support.

I have the ATA on the same UPS which powers my cable modem, in case of power problems. Also I've hooked it up to my house wiring, so the Vonage box powers all the phone jacks.

Only an occasional fax problem, usually it's been fine. And my Tivo can make its daily call too.

I have the $34.99 personal unlimited plan. Saved me a ton of $$, and the only additional charges are 3% FET and $1.50 for 911 and other things they need to pay local telcos for.
    Total of $37.54 per month. A far cry from the $58.80 I was paying Verizon without even a single long distance call.

Don't forget, there's a 14 day trial too. So if you don't like it for any reason, you can return the equipment and not even owe for the first month. There's also the referral program. If someone you know registers your email addy with them before you sign up, you both get a free month.

MarkB

#15     Jan 20, 2004