Voice recognition software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JangoFolly, Jun 8, 2006.

1. I did a search on this topic, and the few threads I found dealt primarily with voice-to-text software. I would love to have program that would use the TWS API to submit orders based on voice commands (e.g., "S&P, buy 2 cars at market" or "EuroFX, stop sell 3 cars at price 2685").

It doesn't seem like it would be too complicated from a technical perspective (assuming you're just creating a bridge application between the trading software API and an off-the-shelf product like Dragon NaturallySpeaking). Has anyone heard of someone doing this successfully?

Thank you.

Regards,

2. Toonces

Toonces

MAESTRO apparently has done pretty much what you're describing. Check at the 'Pictures of Your Trading Stations' thread on 3/31/05. He's (understandably) tight lipped about exactly what he did to accomplish this.

I purchased Naturally Speaking, but I haven't gotten around to playing with it yet. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The biggest problem would be recognition accuracy, but I think that can be dealt with. Your trading vocabulary shouldn't be very large. The trick, I think, would be successfully getting rid of any built-in words that your system would confuse with trading commands. I actually went as far as manually deleting the entire built-in vocabulary, but I'm wondering if I have compromised the software's functionality by doing so.

3. Toonces

Toonces

BTW I know of a company that claims they can do the programming for you, BUT

As far as I can tell they only work with TradeStation.
    They say it could take a month to complete the job.
    They're very pricey. (Quoted me $3-5K for the job.)