voice command programming

Discussion in 'App Development' started by bgp, Apr 15, 2019.

1. bgp

bgp

#21     Apr 15, 2019
    userque likes this.
  2. fan27

fan27

That will not get you far. First off, it does not appear that you have a formula for determining your two pivot points that you are currently identifying manually....so you would need code written for identifying those. What charting program are you using? There could be some indicator package for sale that identifies those for you. Good luck!

#22     Apr 15, 2019
  3. bgp

bgp

i use IB and also e-signal . do you think there is some indicator package available ?

#23     Apr 15, 2019
  4. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Yes. If you know what your math is..

#24     Apr 15, 2019
  5. fan27

fan27

Perhaps there is an indicator that can help identify the pivot points. I recommend starting your research there.

#25     Apr 15, 2019
    bgp likes this.
  6. bgp

bgp

i do

#26     Apr 15, 2019
  7. userque

userque

Maybe just cut to the chase.

Use Alexa.

But maybe not the generic, standard, Alexa stuff.

Have someone code your specific formulas into Alexa. I don't code Alexa, but I do code; and upon information and belief: your requirements don't sound difficult to code into Alexa at all; and my educated guess is that it can be done for well under 1k.

And this way, you wouldn't have to repeat the whole formula to Alexa each and every time.

Also, you'd be avoiding additional software like Excel.

One site to find coders skilled with Alexa is (And I wouldn't 'start the bidding' at 1k :) --read around the site and see what others may be requesting to have coded for Alexa, and at what cost. Compare those to your job requirements):

https://www.upwork.com/hire/alexa-skill-kit-freelancers/

Keep up posted!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    #27     Apr 16, 2019
    bgp likes this.
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

You can run and dev apps, but that app is going to need live market data to generate your pivots, where it gets tricky.

As he doesnt know the maths, but entering values, i presume he's using a web page to do the calcs?

Share web page and reverse engineer the code maybe?

#28     Apr 16, 2019
  9. userque

userque

He said he does know the maths. Please reread the posts.

#29     Apr 16, 2019
  10. userque

userque

"...that I do by hand..."
    @Turveyd FTFY

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    #30     Apr 16, 2019