Voice chat during the day?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by rin4et, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Oh my goodness!....

#11     Oct 18, 2017
  2. AndrewG

AndrewG

From my experience, having two minds filter out some questionable trades. A lot of times, as a discretionary trader, you force a trade during quiet times or tight ranges. When your on a desk with others, they voice their opinion, which makes you take a second look, which usually makes you realize your just tossing money to the wind.

Institutional trades vs retail is like comparing high school football to the pros. Size, speed, advanced knowledge, the ability to take a hit and get right back up. As for returns, it varies from one to the next. I knew one client who would make 250k a day and be upset that it wasn't more, and then one that would make 20k a day and be content, because he would get massive rebates from the CME and Liffe exchanges for providing liquidity (that's where his real profits came from).

But this is all on the Futures side of the business. I can't comment on the Stocks.

#12     Oct 18, 2017
    helgen_1 and toc like this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Tried to find the same, doesn't work especially if it's typing you miss all the trades typing, voice is better, but you just end up arguing about the trade, unless you both trade pretty much exactly the same way.

Tried teaching 2 friends real life friends with the same plan, then ended up doing there own plan, averaging down till bust in short.

I'm happy to make $100 in a day :)

#13     Oct 18, 2017
  4. I like the idea of a futures only chat room, doesn't even have to be voice chat, text chat is fine too. Need an admin to boot off anyone cannot/not offering anything constructive. Anyone used software like Slack before?

#14     Oct 18, 2017
  5. volpri

volpri

I'm not a dingleberry but i might be a huckleberry. Rofl

#15     Oct 18, 2017
  6. I too am looking for a little voice interaction. This Fortress of Solitude day after day business is for the birds. I trade options, futures, and forex.

#16     Nov 21, 2017
  7. algofy

algofy

nice nickname

#17     Nov 22, 2017
    STD Deviant likes this.
  8. Grantx

Grantx

I cant think of anything more irritating than having to maintain a relationship with someone whilst trading. I prefer interacting with the trading community on my own schedule and at my leisure and when I get bored of it I simply close the browser and shut the noise out. There is abundant trading opportunity each and every day. If you just put the effort into establishing the correct habits you wont need anyone else. Forums are fun to interact in ... what else does one need? Different opinions are fun, watching people having meltdowns and getting pissed at little things (as I sometimes do) is the best part of this :D

#18     Nov 22, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  9. If you've been in a bullpen or shared trading desk at one time and then are now alone, you'll know what we're talking about. There's just something healthy about being able to turn to your buddy when something goes wrong and exclaiming, "MOTHERF@#%3R!"

Cursing at your dog, the screen, or a plant just doesn't have the same therapeutic effect.

#19     Nov 22, 2017
  10. Grantx

Grantx

I hear you but you still have to remain somewhat reserved in an office environment when expressing your expletives ....people watching and all. Being at home, on the other hand, enables one to do a full on purge of rage. And then calmly go make a cup of tea.

#20     Nov 22, 2017