VIX fly / spread journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Jgills, Oct 22, 2012.

1. TT is better. CQG has the spread backward and not very user friendly. TT is more expensive tho.

#411     Oct 5, 2014
  2. I think it is X_trader Pro that you can get through AMP futures for either $1,200/month or .50/trade. The second option might make more sense for me because I am not doing 2400 contracts a month, so that would obviously be significantly cheaper, unless there is some minimum.

#412     Oct 6, 2014
  3. Things sure have livened up the past couple days that's for sure. Should have exited my spreads before close yesterday. Coulda, woulda, shoulda

#413     Oct 9, 2014
  4. Jgills

Jgills

hello everyone, this thread has been inactive for a little bit and i thought i'd post to see how everyone is doing.. i'm still trading some vix things here and there but its been much lighter than previously. anyone out there making some money? i'm up small on the year in vix things - nothing to write home about.

#414     Aug 20, 2015
    samuel11 and cdcaveman like this.
  5. Hi Jgills. I started my own Journal thread as well on VX/VXX/VIX trades. Perhaps we could post in each other's journal opinions and thoughts on each other's trades and ideas and share trading ideas and get both journals humming.....

Good Luck to you!

#415     Aug 20, 2015
  6. Jgills

Jgills

Sure i will keep my eye on it. i probably won't be too active posting in here but i'll do my best. does anyone have any trades on or ideas here? first big moves in a long time. im watching some of the calendar spreads october and out.. added a short october and long nov spread EOD yday. i think it may be too early, but starting to get in small

#416     Aug 22, 2015
  7. [​IMG]

#417     Aug 22, 2015
  8. ToS platform really exaggerates the curve I think haha. Another snapshot shows a little flatter but still curving in front month.

upload_2015-8-22_21-52-52.png

#418     Aug 22, 2015
  9. Are any of you all trading VIX spreads using IB? I just looked at the Feb/Mar spread on CFE and it says $880/800 for the margin requirement...IB is showing $5,301/4,241 for the spread...the next spread has an initial of like $8k. Wtf. I know I've mentioned this before on here awhile back, it is just shocking to see how much they jack up the margin requirements.

Correction:Forgot sept isn't expired. So it is actually $1,881.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    #419     Sep 16, 2015
  10. Jgills

Jgills

IB sucks for keeping up with margin etc. its 2k to trade oct/nov spreads but 5.5k to trade nov dec spreads. lol.

#420     Sep 16, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.