^VIX at a 52 week lowwww!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Nov 16, 2006.

1. .03% point drop in the indexes and a 2% rise in the vix, nice work, now we can rally 100 points this week set more records, folks can go shopping knowing the market will only make another record high next week, man life is grand.

#51     Nov 20, 2006
  2. jan168

jan168

Don’t forget the Xmas rally.

#52     Nov 20, 2006
  3. S2007S

S2007S

haha xmas rally...i guess we will rally because the markets HAVE to rally. ahh nothing like a good xmas season, nothing but gains...

#53     Nov 20, 2006
  4. Heck we will be at Dow 13000 by then, and the XMAS rally will push us up and over 13k.

This is just the beginning of a new bull market were stock stay at high levels for many many years, with little to know retracement, its different this time folks jump in with both feet, take out cash advance on all credit cards.

#54     Nov 20, 2006
  5. I concur

#55     Nov 20, 2006
  6. i don't. i wont fight the trend but i firmly believe you can't fire a cannon out of a canoe..

politically, economically and otherwise - this rally is suspect to me... bond market shows it, commodity prices show it, real estate data shows it, growth data shows it, vix shows it, usd shows it... why the market continues to chug up is truly beyond me but i refuse to get long at this point... too much risk...

but kudos to the longs and make sure to buy me a nice christmas present please... i want a ferarri and a brunette and a blonde and some ping golf clubs and and and and

#56     Nov 20, 2006
  7. Bull Markets climb a wall of worry

#57     Nov 20, 2006
  8. jan168

jan168

..just trade the market.

go with the trend.

take the $$$ today and worry tomorrow.

the market wil stop sometime; there is only one top when it happen.

It may happen till next May 2007; when all short are taken out...

until than...

#58     Nov 20, 2006
  9. Don't forget to tap the home ATM machine (aka Home equity loans) and get the kids and the wife out working to get more cash and pump up margin. You got to bet the farm on this bull. Haha. right. :p (kidding in case somone can't tell).

But the truth is this bull seems to be very determined.

One of the things I have been predicting for a few years is that "quality" companies with consistent earnings and with solid fundamentals are going to increasingly buy up their own equity or get taken over by private equity or other quality companies. My thesis is that the "good stuff" is going to be increasingly taken out of the public domain by M&A to an inner circle of ultra wealthy global private equity firms and private multi-national corps. The rest of the "investing" public will be left with two options - buy the puffed up relative junk that is left behind at inflated retail prices or gamble on the micro and small caps.

I just wonder how much capital or leverage/buying power it would take for a large multi-national cartel to buy up or control the crème de la crème of US public equity?

TS

#59     Nov 20, 2006
  10. No one wants to sell and everyone wants to buy buy buy. Greed will soon set in and the market will really take off.

Its coming up on the lunch hour guaranteed to be GREEN.

#60     Nov 20, 2006