^VIX at a 52 week lowwww!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Nov 16, 2006.

1. VIX TO ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............THE VIX IS TOAST

#21     Nov 16, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

sorry mate...I am going to keep my mouth shut from here on out for 3 reasons:

1. I dont want to give advice.
    2. I have been very wrong about things lately
    3. I work too hard and have to many headaches to just give the answers away.

I perfer to teach you to fish than to give you the fish. look up straddle (the SFW version!!) in google...there are lots of answers there...i have to look this stuff up too most of the time...Ol larry McMillan is on my desk as we speak.

#22     Nov 16, 2006
  3. Hurry and and close below 10.00, I bet you wont hear one word about the low vix from the market hypsters.

Or they will say a low vix is good! its a sign of confidence.

#23     Nov 16, 2006
  4. S2007S

S2007S

CBOE VOLATILITY INDEX (WCB:^VIX) Delayed quote data Edit
    Index Value: 10.06
    Trade Time: 3:42PM ET
    Change: Down 0.25 (2.42%)
    Prev Close: 10.31
    Open: 10.13
    Day's Range: 10.04 - 10.35
    52wk Range: 10.13 - 23.81

#24     Nov 16, 2006
  5. Man this is looking like the bulls have full control of the situation.
    We get a slight pull back in the indexes and this raises the vix just enough to keep it from breaking below 10.

Now the futures are going right back up after the cash close. geesh. I give up their will be no retracement everyone is chasing the market now. Everyone but me, see ya!

#25     Nov 16, 2006
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

is it just me or every time we want to see vix chart we simply flip dow chart up side down

[​IMG]

#26     Nov 16, 2006
  7. May be for the simple reason how institutions deal with sell and buy orders.

They sell with urgency, causing sharp spikes down, which in turn respond with short covering that cause the rapid squeeze. When they buy, they react more slowly, causing steady uptrends that only get pushed out of whack by daytraders, but only for a little bit.

While the perma bears keep trying to convince themselves of the VIX becoming another signal for a crash, I think you need to look at the causes. Me thinks that the lower VIX is just an effect of the oversaturation in daytraders and now the full unleashing of the auto-progs.

#27     Nov 16, 2006

8. Ding ding ding, Winnah! The black boxes and penny spreads have arbed all the volatility out of this market. Now stocks mean-revert in realtime all day long. Joy!

#28     Nov 16, 2006
  9. You got that right. Check this chart and you will see them spike it up first thing in the morning all week and then drop. Tuesday there was a spike down from 11+ to 10.11 in one bar, showing where they wanted to go. Chart doesnt show it but it happened. Much like the Sunday spike on the ES from 1375-1398. If they start basing below 10 then this will be a new level of automated trading and the rally keeps on going.....

#29     Nov 16, 2006
  10. Bite Me

Bite Me

Who is "them" and "they"? Do you even know how VIX is calculated?

#30     Nov 16, 2006