VIX 15.58----More tough times ahead?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by grimer11, Dec 17, 2003.

1. I guess you missed the Ed Stocks few weeks back :D

#11     Dec 18, 2003
  2. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

... You need to look through more of the Equity Issues then ....

There are many candidates that exhibit daily ranges of 1.00 or more on decent volume. It only takes a few of these to make a fine day. Yes, its more work selecting the issues but even during the lowest of volatility patches there are always good issues available for trading.

I feel to see the wisdom in taking the position that you must trade Equity issues or futures. I trade both and the mixture depends upon market conditions although like I said, during my time in this business I have never seen conditions so bad that there were no tradable equity issues.

#12     Dec 18, 2003
  3. Housing stocks have obviously been pretty volatile lately, as has the Sandisks of the world, but the bottom line is that the ES and ZB ( S&P's and Bond ) futures can be traded for a decent range everyday, without having to spend a lot of time doing technical work and stock/sector scans in order to come up with the group or individual hot mover.

And for what it'w worth, the Bond Futures have a distinct tendency to "trend" rather than "chop".

#13     Dec 18, 2003
  4. trendy

trendy

Actually, neither one of you know what you are talking about. 1995, the VIX was under 16 for the ENTIRE YEAR, yet the S&P was up about 32%. In 1996 the VIX was well under 20 for nearly the entire year, yet the S&P was up about 25%. So, your initial insinuation that a low VIX protends a flat market has no basis in fact.

#14     Dec 18, 2003
  5. Mecro

Mecro

Dude what the f**k is your problem? Don't come here and take out your frustration that you cannot find any volatility in equities. You just do not know what you are doing because even NYSE has quite a few stocks making moves over a point every day.

I cannot believe jerk-offs like this even get serious responses.

#15     Dec 18, 2003
  6. I'm not sure you are aware who you are addressing.....I'm doing "well" because I always do well, however I think i could do "more well".....shove your hostility up your @ss.

grimer11

#16     Dec 18, 2003
  7. Agassi

Agassi

How do you find stocks that move BEFORE it moves? I agree as per these posts that there are opportunities every day. Like today NFLX etc...but how do you find this in the ocean? Filter? If so, what is the code?

I always look at a chart and say, "gee if i only i was there when this pattern had happened". How do you tell the computer or software to inform you as a certain pattern occurs?

Thanks a bunch.

#17     Dec 18, 2003
  8. MRWSM

MRWSM

Grimer, the way I see it, you started with the name calling. No need to call wareco a moron.

#19     Dec 18, 2003
  9. gee, I can't argue with that.....toddyta

grimer11

#20     Dec 18, 2003