vitamins mineral and foods good for trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Moreagr, Feb 5, 2006.

1. That's how I have been drinking my coffee lately. That way I don't
    have to add sugar or anything...:p

#51     Feb 6, 2006
  2. bellman

bellman

jaronimo... I'm guessing you have no idea what the mean intestinal transit time is for an average adult. look it up sometime.

Time isn't so much of a concern for a healthy intestinal tract. Instead eat only pasteurized foods and plenty of fiber. Works for me.

I believe taking 3-4 dumps a day is abnormal. Perhaps it is you that needs to check with your doctor?

#52     Feb 6, 2006
  3. My diet is the best and proven. My body fat is 3%, I look fifteen years younger than my age; all this despite not working out. My diet is simple and cheap:

supplements: 2 oz. protein powder, B-50, 1000 mg vitamin C daily; 400 iu vitamin E 3X week.

3.5 oz. canned Alaskan salmon daily.

2 cups steamed leafy greens daily.

4 oz. pasta cooked al dente with organic marinara or 1 can organic chili.

snacks: soy nuts, peanuts, walnuts.

1/2 gal. distilled water

More important than what to eat is what not to eat: no transfat, no corn syrup, no added sugar, no high GI carbs, at most moderate alcohol, at most moderate aerobic exercise.

I used to work out daily but realized aerobic exercise--by definiton--makes the body burn more oxygen thus creating lots of free radicals; I've yet not seen any argument from scientists or physicians on this relationship between aerobic exercise and free radicals.

#53     Feb 6, 2006
  4. When I stop going to the gym, that's the explanation I plan on using.
    :D

#54     Feb 6, 2006
    #55     Feb 6, 2006
  6. I remember a few years ago, a member at the gym I go to was telling me the same thing. He even lent me a video on the topic, presented by a podiatrist who "studied these things." Did I mention he was a podiatrist? Really. And, naturally, this podiatrist had just the right supplement for me to get rid of all that...stuff. And, not surprisingly, it was all via Multi-Level Marketing, so that I could get the "best possible price" and also profit by "helping" others. And, of course, as in any cartoonish one-dimensional marketing spiel, its claim was that these supplements will cure all that ails you. Once you start eliminating multiple times a day, all your problems will be "behind" you. (Except, of course, that you may have to carry a "port-a-potty" wherever you go.)

Quackery.

As I understand it, the mainstream medical community does not buy into these extreme views. And if you are one of those people who is skeptical of the mainstream medical community, then be sure to apply a bit of that skepticism to multi-level marketing entrepreneurs, as well.

#56     Feb 6, 2006
  7. beer. and lots of it.

islands

#57     Feb 6, 2006

8. I wasn't talking about the "average" adult, I was talking about a healthy one that functions properly.

The "average" adult in America is overweight and in less than ideal shape. I personally am not trying to be average.

You only eat pasteurized foods and plenty of fiber? Whats that, dairy and oatmeal?

#58     Feb 6, 2006

9. MLM, gotta love that. This is not MLM. I mentioned it because I think he makes sense and I do not get anything from recommending him.

All I can say is my cousin was always getting sick and having all these problems and someone recommended this site http://www.herbdoc.com/home_1024x768.asp He started using some of the products and it really seemed to work for him.

I used a few of the products a few years ago and they seemed to make a difference. But then again I was spending about 40-60 hours a week on the road, was eating crappy, was probably drinking too much and not going to gym nearly enough. I changed all that, changed my diet, and now things are way better. They started getting better when I started taking his stuff, but then I changed my lifestyle and no longer take any of his products. So he was a good starting point.

I am not promoting it, just passing on info for something that helped me and also made a big difference with my cousin.

ps: this guy can be a little "out there" when he links everything to your intestines. But it made sense to me. He also is good because he preaches about exercising and changing your diet so you do not need to take any supplements.

He also talks pretty indepth about many of the supplements on the market. One thing I remember was him talking about zinc and calcium and how many companies use crushed clam shells to add those items to their supplements. The problem is, he said, that your body has a really hard time absorbing them in that form.

ps: I am not a doctor, and I did not do years of research on any of this. If it makes sense to you thats fine, if not then move on to the next post.

#59     Feb 6, 2006
  10. GRX

GRX

Actually, I prefer a direct IV hookup, but the damn tubes get in the way! :p

#60     Feb 6, 2006