vitamins mineral and foods good for trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Moreagr, Feb 5, 2006.

1. I take 40 mg of Aderall , and even some provigil during the day. Can't get any more awake than that.

#41     Feb 6, 2006
  2. Jaronimo,
    what are you blind, or just like to repeat what I say?
    :)

#42     Feb 6, 2006
  3. Quote from andrasnm:

coffee enema is the BEST!

Sorry, I thought that was a sexual techinque.

Just kidding, I didn't see your post when I added mine.

#43     Feb 6, 2006
  4. I took a bunch of Omega supplements for a while and they gave me the worst smelling gas and craps.

In any event, my favorite beverage for trading is Reed's Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic).

#44     Feb 6, 2006
  5. I'm a big fan of the omega-3's, and I take caps to get a combined 3 grams of EPA and DHA daily. There is little doubt left that these aid cognition and mood, along with a host of other physiological systems.

I also hit the nootropics, using a stack similar to that already mentioned on this thread.

Finally, if I'm tired or need a boost, 3 grams of l-tyrosine really hits the spot. I usually hit this stuff before a heavy session of wrestling, BJJ, or kickboxing.

Speaking of which, I know it has already been mentioned, but strenuous exercise really helps me out. To me, there's no better way to erase a bad day of trading than with the catharsis of physical exhaustion followed by good sleep.

#45     Feb 6, 2006
  6. hcour

hcour Guest

So. Exercise, nutrition, mental clarity, stress-free psychological environment? Sounds like a prescription for success. In everything. Let's write a book. We'll make millions.

Some really worthwhile info in this thread, both practical and unique. I've always been skeptical of the natural "mind-boosters", you guys almost have me convinced to give 'em a shot. Hell, LSD and marijuana changed my life, and they're not even s'posed to be good for you...

H

#46     Feb 6, 2006
  7. ditto that, if you really need to focus and you haven't had the proper sleep a little biochemistry can be helpful.

provigil will wake your ass up, aderall might be a bit too speedy for some people.

#47     Feb 6, 2006
  8. K.C.

K.C.

9. Is he that funny looking guy related to Rocky Balboa?

#49     Feb 6, 2006
  10. hcour

hcour Guest

Adderall is speed. They finally perfected it, god bless 'em. But if you're using it everyday, you're addicted. Not good for your trading or anything else...

H

#50     Feb 6, 2006