vitamins mineral and foods good for trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Moreagr, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Agyar

Agyar

I'm not aware of any study that has been done to prove this, but it does make sense in some respects. When you take vitamins, all that stuff that makes your urine darker that comes out soon after... that would be all the vitamins coming back out.

And do you really think that if vitamins weren't absorbed very well from pills that we would ever hear about it? You know who pays for alot of these vitamin tests right? That's right, vitamin companies.

It IS a fact that there are thousands of compounds in raw fruits and vegetables that science knows nothing about. A couple dozen of these are in vitamins. Why would you take a vitamin supplement INSTEAD of the real food? Ok, I could see a mineral supplement because those are a bit easier to cover.

I guess my point is, take a vitamin if you want, but it does not REPLACE eating healthy foods in any way.

EDIT: Found this one interesting link in about 30 seconds of searching. I'm sure there is tons of this kind of info on the web. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/01/040116073557.htm

#21     Feb 5, 2006
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

Gingko biloba

#22     Feb 5, 2006
  3. mizer

mizer

Nobody is saying not to eat healthy whole foods that is RULE NUMBER 1, but you cannot consume enough foods to satisfy various vitamin deficiencies thus one must "supplement" with a pill NOT REPLACE

#23     Feb 5, 2006
  4. So what high quality brand name for vitamins do you recommend?? And where can you buy them? Thanks.

#24     Feb 5, 2006
  5. Agyar

Agyar

I would argue that they are even useless as supplements in most cases. I'm just talking about vitamins, not minerals, by the way.

#25     Feb 5, 2006
  6. Moreagr

Moreagr

ok guys lots fo helpful advice thanks

but the caffine that i need in the morning is to stay alert and sharp to react fast when needed its not because i will fall asleep during the trading day.

I may have some sleeping issues and i dont excerise much which i think does not help much.

#26     Feb 5, 2006
  7. GRX

GRX

I bought some, but I couldn't remember to take it! :p

Actually, there is no "vitamin" that will help trading, but if you have ADD or ADHD, then meds such as Ritalin, Adderal, etc may help concentration.

That said, I take a multivitamin every day.

GRX, RPh.

#27     Feb 5, 2006
  8. cvds16

cvds16

everything in your body and in vegetables is pure chemistry and nothing else.

#28     Feb 5, 2006
  9. Moreagr

Moreagr

excellent advice Mark thanks!!

#29     Feb 5, 2006
  10. Moreagr

Moreagr

hmmm funny thing is i have tried drinking green tea and they say is much better then coffee health wize.. it makes me go to the bathroom more frequently

#30     Feb 5, 2006