vitamins mineral and foods good for trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Moreagr, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Eating salmon while trading will keep you sharp and focused. It is a rich source of eicosapentanoic acid ("omega-3s"). These essenital fatty acids are ciritical to optimal neurotransmitter function. I aced all my Grad School exams while nibbling salmon at my desk, although I did have to live with the nickname "Morris".

As prior posters have pointed out, no miracle food/vitamin can overcome sleep deprivation, illness, depression etc. But given "normal" trading conditions, salmon certainly gives you the nutritional edge.

Chartiste

#11     Feb 5, 2006
  2. Your advice smells fishy. :D

(sorry, I couldn't stop myself)

#12     Feb 5, 2006
  3. Completely false, there is no study that can show a difference in absorption between food extracted & synthetic vitamins. The key difference is the delivery system of the vitamins, it is exponetially better absorbed from real food sources because of the context & balance. There is such a thing of too many vitamins & minerals from any source, it's called poisoning. But in general, when you take vitamin pills, your urine will tell you whether you are even absorbing them at all.

Regarding the salmon and Omega fats, it is only true for wild salmon. Most salmon is farmed, hence has imbalanced Omega 6:3 ratio.

#13     Feb 5, 2006
  4. ER9

ER9

i agree with the recomendation for sleep, excercise and iv'e had great results with multi vitamins.

i used to have a problem with fatigue occasionaly getting very bad. seems it always cleared up after a couple weeks of consistantly taking a good multivitamin.

#14     Feb 5, 2006
  5. mizer

mizer

Well I agree that whole foods are most important I eat lots of whole grains, rolled outs, legumes,etc, fiberous veggies and fruits, prunes, healthy fats like flax, olive and nuts, organic dairy products, yogurt mixed with a scoop of blended cassinate,whey,etc Green tea and the list goes on......

If your body has various vitamin deficiencies you must take supplements because you will not be able to eat all that is required via food intake so I disagree with you about vitamin intake and if you are concerned about the processing of the pills and how they interact with the bodys chemistry either doing harm,etc then I suggest you shop around and learn about that not all vitamin companies are created equal ( you get what you pay for in terms of quality useable vitamins and plain worthless junk vitamins)

#15     Feb 5, 2006
  6. Atlantic

Atlantic

sorry no. it was a german written article on an austrian website - unfortunately no longer online (the new issue of that magazine is already out - and they do not maintain an archive).

#16     Feb 5, 2006
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Take supplements with good food to aid absorbtion. Google on any vitamin or mineral and the word "deficiency" and see if you find your symptoms.

#17     Feb 5, 2006
  8. Dude, i guess you have mild diabetic, i drink lot of coffee as well
    and i have mild diabetic. 30% people have it, but some notice
    it sooner or later

If you have them, then you are diabetic
    1-drinking lot of water or other soft liquids
    2-You love coffee, tea,...
    3-peeing a lot
    4-even slight stress causes some kind of irritation or burning in your body
    5-fatigue, needing more than 6-7 hours sleep a day
    6-don't feel good when you wake up like heavy chest breathing
    7-stress causing immediate irritation in your eye or blurry vision

If you feel same, i have some natural treatment for you without
    taking any pills

#18     Feb 5, 2006
  9. Theres nothing like the high off of B-12 when developing systems...

inject it if you can...in cycles...

Steroids for the brain babbbyy

#19     Feb 5, 2006
  10. gordo

gordo

Have to say that there is some great advice in this thread. Several years ago, I had similar problems that some had mentioned. Drowsiness, need for caffine to get started, etc. When I was up to two pots of coffee a day, that is when I drastically started cutting back. I've cut back to about a 1/2 cup at most, with breakfast. My diet fairly balanced, more vegatables and grains, than sugar and snack foods.

First thing in the moring, I go for a brisk twenty minute walk, before doing anything else. I generally get a very rested nights sleep, and rarely feel any need for a nap. For snacks, I eat energy bars that are made from a recipe I found in some hiking site. And I drink plenty of water through out the day.

Excercise, diet, and sleep are key. There was an article that I read a few year ago that compared trading to top performing sports competition. When I started to take some of that to heart, it made a HUGE difference in my energy, concentration, and patience. We have to train, because we compete everday. Yeah I know it sounds like one those cheesy comercials
    :D , but it has made improvments for me. Just passing along my experience.

Gordo

#20     Feb 5, 2006