Vitamin K2 and the Paleo Diet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bigarrow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. its probably bs.

#21     Sep 1, 2012
  2. the supplement industry is probably the only industry worse than wall street in the amount of bs and deception they use.

#22     Sep 1, 2012
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Well if you want to call Dr. Steven T Sinatra, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.A.C.N., C.N.S., a fraudster and snake oil salesman, I guess we will take your word on the matter.

What exactly are your qualifications?

#23     Sep 1, 2012
  4. lol the industry is chock full of those guys. sometimes you have to use the smell test. if someone tells you that if you take this little pill it will cure what ails you. think about it.
    the internet has really made life easy for these guys to scam people.

"Amazingly, rather than giving us a new age of enlightenment, where information efficiently flows to the masses and an informed consensus can be achieved - Google (GOG) has actually polarized our nation because - no matter how asinine your opinion/interpretation of the facts may be - you can use Google to help you find thousands of other lunatics who agree with you and reinforce your wrong-headed beliefs

#24     Sep 1, 2012
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Exactly what I thought, you're nobody.

I think I'll listen to this guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Sinatra

#25     Sep 1, 2012
  6. go ahead. its not my job to protect you from being gullible. i was just pointing out that the statements you made were wrong.

lol. when i put his name in google what pops up?

"Dr. Sinatra Official Site | DrSinatra.com
    www.drsinatra.com/
    Shop Dr. Sinatra's Supplements to Protect Your Heart & Entire Body"

#26     Sep 1, 2012
  7. Wallet

Wallet

Again not my statements......... try reading the book instead of just trying to pick a fight and speaking out your ass.

#27     Sep 1, 2012
  8. there are literally hundreds of books written by "doctors" claiming this or that supplement will cure you. the truth is that there is no magic bullet. they never have anything more than testimonials behind their "science".

if you are interested in what has actually worked to reverse heart disease study this but its not as easy as popping a magic pill:

http://www.amazon.com/Prevent-Reverse-Heart-Disease-Nutrition-Based/dp/1583333002

as an experiment he took 17 patients who had heart disease and turned every one around.

"Dr. Esselstyn's brand new book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, delivers just what the title promises. 21 years ago, Dr. Esselstyn took 17 people who were very sick. They had had heart attacks, bypass operations, angioplasty, pills, you name it. These people had by and large been sent home to die by their cardiologists, their heart disease so severe nothing further could be done. Doctors told several they would be dead in "less than a year."

But they didn't die. Instead, each agreed to become part of Dr. Esselstyn's study, and adopted a low-fat plant-based diet as their medicine. 12 years later every one of these patients was alive, free of heart disease, and living full, active lives."

#28     Sep 1, 2012
  9. Wallet

Wallet

Last post here, please read the book before commenting

Sinatra advocates a plant based/low fat diet (modified Mediterranean) along with other traditional and some non-traditional approaches. What puts him ahead of the curve is his research into the actual cause of heart disease....today's traditional causes are actually just symptoms of underlying problems on the cellular level, specifically the cellular membrane.

Today's common prescriptions while alleviating some of the necessary components for heart disease actually block the bodies natural enzyme productions that are needed for muscular and vascular health, actually deficiencies in these enzymes are what cause the problems.

His supplementation programs are just a part of his overall treatments and are not a magic bullet, the book was written for cardiologists it just happened to be a hit in the public realm.

For a person who advocates the pursuit of true knowledge I'm baffled by your automatic rejection of these posts, must be your personal bias to the poster.

#29     Sep 1, 2012
  10. when you go to the guys website and the first think you see are bottles of "supplements" for sale it should raise red flags if you have a critical thinking mindset.
    i actually have friends who make a 6 figure income doing nothing but selling supplements. i have a little insite into the business. she made a killing during the Resveratrol fad. that one had huge markup.
    oh i know. yours is different.

#30     Sep 1, 2012