Vitamin D and Immunity... a consideration for cold/flu season + covid

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Scataphagos, Oct 28, 2021.

1. The importance of Vitamin D can't be overstated... especially since the majority of people have low levels in their blood. ("Low" doesn't necessarily mean deficient. However there is evidence of significant benefit from having "adequate-high" levels in the 40-80 ng/ml range.) There are other videos from Dr. Christie Risinger... who states, "the one supplement everyone should take is Vitamin D".

To bring your knowledge up to date, suggest searching Youtube for "Dr. John Campbell and Vitamin D". He's a UK physician and has several videos on the topic.

FWIW...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    MACD, Tomseller, cobco and 3 others like this.
  2. Wallet

Wallet

D3, Quercetin, Zinc, C. If you’ve been exposed add NAC.

Personally wash it down with pure Elderberry juice.

MACD, Pekelo, ipatent and 1 other person like this.
  3. %%
    Also helpful;
    salmon, sunlight, smoked sardines, herring+ eggs........................................:caution::caution:[Cod liver oil also, but i cant stand that stuff LOL]

4. Pezza

Pezza

I think the importance of Vitamin D is underrated. We need to supplement especially in the winter when there's less sunlight.

Scataphagos and murray t turtle like this.
  5. easymon1

easymon1

delete vitd.jpg

MACD and murray t turtle like this.
  6. %%
    MULTIvitamins helps also.
    Actually its harder for me to hit my 8[x8 oz] glasses goal of water in winter.
    So tomato juice + extra water in cabbage /turnip greens helps:D:D.IF i don't get enough sun in winter, perhaps, I snack on sunflower seeds.:caution::caution:

easymon1 likes this.
  7. Tomseller

Tomseller

It's very interesting. My doc says I should take D3, Zink and Vitamin C, but I always forget to do that. Some irresponsibility to my own health. Probably because vitamins seemed to me not very effective as medicines.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. %%
    THERE is a place for aspirin;
    but vitamins may take 50 days to make a difference, much slower than aspirin.
    Someone has to make our SPY+ related related profits on big pharma, so takes all kinds to make a market.................................................................................Another disadvantage to vitamins + health is big pharma + med industry does not make much profits on health. :D:D

Tomseller likes this.
  9. Those 3 are in the protocol for Covid.

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. Tomseller

Tomseller

I know. But, still, this does not change the fact that these are just vitamins. It's only my perception.

#10     Dec 22, 2021