Visualising the Hershey-SCT P-V Relationship

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rahula Gautama, Dec 28, 2011.

1. I do not operate after the fact. I assume you do not either.

I use The Pattern. As you see The Pattern has 8 scores. It is counting in reverse. Can anyone possibly think that during a cycle a person would not know what the score is?

Check the PVT one pagers and see the normalized "unusual volume". Notice that volume leads price by about an hour and one half for stock trading. This window BEFORE price begins to lift off is a very real advantage. It is what the SEC continually mis takes as my "insider trading" We have reached an agreement. The SEC watches and just refrains from mistakenly citing me anymore. It saves them time and money.

If you look and understand that I reverse on an fft of a fast fractal which is also an FTT of the trading fractal, you may be able to understand I annotate point 2 when it occurs as I am holding making money. I hold through the retrace of going from point 2 to point 3. At each point mentioned on the fast fractal an ftt occurs.

As a person becomes very skilled he switches to faster fractals. this is 20 to 40 trades a day.

I log all of this so I have a detailed record of "knowing the I know"

I you will begin to imagine, you will understand that I am annotaing the poiint 1, 2 and 3 on the fast fractal. As has been done for you by others to explain this to you, you can see if you go through the motions, that everything is done BEFORE THE FACT.

AS BOTH THE FAST FRACTAL AND THE TRADING FRACTALS (AFTER POINT 3) APPRAOCH THEIR FRSPECTIVE ftt's AND FTT'S, i HAVE ONE OR TWO FIVEMINUTE BARS TO EXAMINE THE REACHING OF THE COMPOUND PEAK ON THE FTT.

This is like before the fact slow motion and it is all annotade and a FAILURE TO TRAVERSE IS HAPPENING ON BOTH FRACTALS.

My caps here are just for emphasis. I am an older person who has had the holy grail for over 50 years.

You are just, perhaps, a younger person who has not met any really great expert traders. Most of us are not avoiding you; it is just that our paths are very different than yours and do not cross.

I can't wear a badge at TradersExpo and they have my name spelled wrong as well. My address is always wrong on ET as well.

Try very hard to reason through how annotation works. You may be annotating after the fact. PEP and its applications are not done after the fact. A while back I post a bar by bar of 15 and 30 consecutive illustrated post. I also did that on the web before ET was invented. I also used the hand out 4 emails daily were each email began with seven sets of addresses. On five waves of these, they were passed forward by others.

Years before ET where small and square disks were used, he handed out PVT ATS and it trading results all over the webb.

Newbies like bow wow didn't even own computers then.

As I joke, I started trading before arcane did.

It was done by telephone.

#51     Jan 2, 2012
    Sprout likes this.
  2. Now, Jack, how many times have I advised you to keep it vague and qualitative to avoid being caught out? You know very well that it takes a minimum of three ticks in ES to identify a turning point (see the attachment near Friday's open). So a round trip plus slippage worst case is eight ticks, less than the average move on that time scale. You'd get killed trying to trade ES that often. There were 33 such trades Friday. Killed!

#52     Jan 2, 2012
  3. Pinky could!! :D

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/pinkynewyear.png/

It's Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain....

Though, now I am hearing about this Woodie guy....

Apparently he has been trading the markets for a LOOOONNNGG time.

He was giving away his method too. Free!! For a LONG time!!

But he has indicators that software guys actually build into their charts right up-front!! Woodies CCI, and Woodies Pivots and things like that!!

He claims to have GREAT success with them. And he claims his students do too!!!

I wonder if Pinky should be concerned?! It's very confusing.....

#53     Jan 2, 2012
  4. Many things have changed about ET over the years, but one has remained constant: the eager willingness of the community seriously to consider new and useless methods of Technical Unalysis. The support you have given me here in the refinement of PV-Viz has been unbelievable. The name-calling. The endless off-topic digressions. The brilliant bursts of drug-fueled egomania. The viciously derisive personal invective. The incessantly redundant partisan squabbling over imaginary fine points of trading theory. I couldn't have done it without you. Attached is the antepenultimate version represented by a screen shot at the open.

#54     Jan 3, 2012
  5. Agreed. Here is the PinkyBlue for Tuesday.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/n1vtkx.jpg

You can see how it carves the 2 major turns, keeping you on the right side of the market much of the time allowing you to only take the best setups...

Which, of course, says absolutely nothing.... :D

But Woodie claims he is 1 bar ahead of the rest of the world! That means he is front-running everybody who is on the planet, including JH AND Pinky!

This disturbs Pinky because he is very sensitive...

#55     Jan 3, 2012
  6. How come some days I seem to have the touch of "God"? Only two trades of 19 were wrong today.

Jack, how did you today?

#56     Jan 3, 2012
  7. I have struggled for years to visualize PV in a format that doesn't require drawing price and volume trend lines (because the dog always finds and munches my Crayolas), and in a simple presentation which a drunk rolling in the gutter can interpret (which is pretty much my condition when trading). I have suckceeded. Be long when the blue line is above the green line. Be short when the blue line is below the red line. Go mix another drink or squeeze a piss through your old prostate or post on ET when the blue line is between the green line and the red line. I know that the latter case violates the SCT rule "always in," but an old man needs his breaks.

#57     Jan 4, 2012
  8. Pedhaps this a better way to think of it. If I had known ten years ago what I know now, I could have said what Jack said one hell of a lot clearer. Note that I said "could have." But if I had had Jack's insights ten years ago, I would either have totally obfuscated it as he did or kept my mouth shut altogether. Some time ago I concluded that he only posts for the pure amusement of fucking with peoples' heads. Which he does quite admirably.

#58     Jan 4, 2012
  9. You are basing your opinion of him on The New Jack. The Old Jack made much more sense, albeit in an infuriatingly convoluted way. Go look at his old shit here from around 2002, if it hasn't already crumbled to digital dust.

#59     Jan 4, 2012
  10. Well, you do what you have to do to stay mentally fit in your dotage. Fucking with the heads of people who are younger and smarter than you are takes some serious creative and oraginal thought. But once you have a noob hooked on ET it is indeed great good fun. And like good sport fishing, you have to reel them in and unwind them repeatedly and unnecessarily out to prolong the pleasure. Not as much fun as the occasional and increasingly less frequent orgasm, but more fun than grunting a piss through a bloated prostate. So when old guys post here, imagine that their swollen prostates are bigger than their Alzheimer's-shrunken brains.

#60     Jan 4, 2012