Visualising the Hershey-SCT P-V Relationship

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rahula Gautama, Dec 28, 2011.

1. I'm not the innumerate cretin, you moron.

I have a minor in mathematics, so there isn't anything mathematical you couldn't explain to me.

You are delusional if you believe anybody could understand the gibberish you have used to describe your charts and graphs.

There is no explanation, other than reference to mathematical methods of Infinite Impulse Response that are unintelligible. So with the OP not knowing english well and not willing to reveal the actual math, ie:hint to the op, looking at your code should enable a concise explanation, there isn't anymore discussion here than "Look what I found! Another useless acronymical math snippet of Jack Hershey's method!"

#11     Dec 29, 2011
  2. Actually, I'm not sure that a minor in math would give him the tools to understand that.

As a new trader, this is not something I have worked with before, so I'll have to go and do some reading myself.

#12     Dec 29, 2011
  3. It's no big deal, really. It is a discrete data smoothing tool invented in the '40's to analyze fluid pressure measurements. Often called a Brown filter or an alpha filter, it is the inspiration for the EMA, which is a special case of it. Given the discontinuity of price and volume data, digital signal processing has some uses in trade analysis. Over Blow's head, of course.

#13     Dec 29, 2011
  4. Very funny that all these individuals surface in this thread posessing a profile start date sometime in 2004.

Socrates, are you the pot or the kettle?

And I do trade actively with real money right now as I am typing. I am waiting for XAU/USD to recover to about 1550 where I will exit for now. Would you like proof?

#14     Dec 29, 2011
  5. Agreed. In a crash PMs will drop precipitously in value. But when things stabilize they will likely be money. Also agreed about storing consumables, but to me it is over the top to go 10%. The goal is not to survive forever, but to make it for a few weeks or months. If the neighborhood has pools, then purification equipment, minimal solar capability, canned goods, propane, gas, modest generator, wood, tools, alcohol, paper products, guns and ammo don't cost that much, especially if you already were a nut. Hyperinflation worries me more. Total ruination. That's what the PMs are good for. The trick is not to go overboard for either eventuality. So if I am about to die and nothing has happened? I'll just sell or use all that shit and be happy that I bought insurance with stuff I could use. Gold is the one insurance policy you can buy where you still have your money after the policy expires.

#15     Dec 29, 2011
  6. I can't speak for you in the USA, but 2008 for us here in Canada, was nothing more than a small recession. When you use the word "collapse", I think Germany before the 2nd world war when it required piles of cash to just get a loaf of bread.

#16     Dec 29, 2011
  7. In all unfairness, here is a clear example of the PV relation working as advertised. What a rarity!

#17     Dec 29, 2011
  8. This snapshot around 11:05 CT suggests that rising price will reverse at the HOD due to lack of interest in a BO. I will not dignify it as a pre-diction, just a diction.

#18     Dec 29, 2011
  9. Not that anybody gives a shit, but the run at the HOD stalled, no doubt to be repeated later. Point for PV.

#19     Dec 29, 2011
  10. Point taken. Here's a little proof that I was actively trading while we were chatting, just in case you still doubt me, given that you did express doubt. Yes, I am indeed foolish enough to be proud of trading paper rather than physical. But, I made money today.

:D :D

#20     Dec 29, 2011