Vista = Windows ME.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by seasideheights, May 11, 2008.

1. mnx

mnx

i didn't have any problems with SP1...

#11     May 21, 2008
  2. I refuse to use Vista.

I refuse to advise any relatives or friends to use Vista.

Vista truly is the worst thing to happen to an OS since ME (worse, actually).

What a memory-hogging, bloated pig of suckhole it really is.

SP1 did absolutely nothing to improve it.

If it weren't for my ability to continue using XP, I'd without any doubt be on a mac right now.

#12     May 21, 2008
  3. but according to tums, win7 is supposed to come out in 2009 because gates said so.

lol!

#13     May 21, 2008

4. Oh no! :eek: I did not realise that I posted them. :p sorry was just reading net for real estate etc.

#15     May 22, 2008
  5. kinar

kinar

rofl...and here I was actually fooled into thinking you were posting links as references to what you were posting about.

I thought that I already never trusted anyone on the internet. Now I realize that I do occasionally. That has to stop.

#16     May 22, 2008
  6. No problem, learnt a lot from them. They were interesting. :)

#17     May 26, 2008
  7. Vista is being slowly adapted to the marketplace because of bad consumers.

There is no such thing as "bad consumers".
    Either the software works well (and is user friendly) or it doesn't.

Everyone loved XP when it came out and continue to praise it today.

Vista is a fuck up of major proportions. I agree, Vista is another Windows ME.

Wait for Windows 7.

Avoid Vista at all cost.

#18     May 26, 2008
  8. +1
    except linux instead of mac

#19     May 26, 2008
  9. kinar

kinar

Noone loved XP when it came out. Consumers were even slower to adapt to XP than they have been to vista. XP was a POS prior to SP2. It wasn't until then that microsoft finally got XP right and people started switching over quickly. Even now, there is still a large number of IT professionals who prefer 2k to XP simply because 2k doesn't have the bloat that XP does.

Vista is the OS that consumers want. And they were disappointed at launch because it didn't quite stand up to the harsh eyes of the geek community and were scared to adopt it because of the bad reviews where in reality, it IS far better than XP and IS sufficient for 99.9% of consumers.

Microsoft screwed up by not wooing the geeks enough prior to the Vista launch thinking that they didn't need the geek vote because the ease of use in vista would win over the masses Unfortunately, thier marketing department failed to realize that the masses simply follow in the footsteps of the geeks.

#20     May 28, 2008