Vista? Who is using it?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kastro_316, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Is anyone here using Microsoft Vista?

I just bought a new custom trading computer about 5 months ago, AMD 3500 64, 3 gig of ram, 2 g-force graphics cards, 250gig SATA.

The computer store I bought the computer from now is pre-loading all computers with Vista.

Should I buy Vista, or is Xp good enough?

All I do with this system is trade.

Thanks.

2. XP is fine, let Vista prove itself first. Don't risk it on something as crucial as trading. Let others be the guinea pigs first. In time you will come to know whether or not you really need or want Vista.

3. riddle

riddle

Given that Vista has not been released to manufacturing yet (they found a last minute bug that will delay another week), I would question what your compuer store is doing! The more reputable vendors are offering upgrade coupons but shipping XP, I think.
    Mind you, I still haven't seen a reason to upgrade from my win2k release.

Steve

4. always wait until SP1 has come out and others have ironed out all the bugs.

was running for a long time win2000 and only switched for two reasons: the extended desktop capability in XP and the painless wireless setup that arrived in XP SP2.

Maria

5. ER9

ER9

agreed. its usually a good idea to wait for the first service pack to come out before commiting to a new OS...especially if it will be used for business.

6. gnome

gnome

XP Pro will be supported until at least 2014. No hurry to change to Vista.