VISTA problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Humpy, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Thank you Mr. Gates for your offering BUT
    At present most of your hardware and a lot of your software will NOT work with Vista. None of the old drivers have been included. So that means we will have to wait while someone at Microsoft writes them in aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

Its like selling an auto without any wheels

C'mon Bill what's the game ? :confused: :eek:

However it has a nice clock that looks like a daisy !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Humpy

Humpy

If you run a printer, scanner etc definately stick with XP for some time if you want them to work.
    This is not just a dig at Microsoft.
    Maybe the design team went on strike before completion ??
    Microsoft claim its a security issue. They will be blaiming terrorism next --- Bug Laden perhaps LOL

3. It's bloatware, XP with bugs, a shiny new cover but nothing new under the hood... it's a disgrace

4. One day, every man , woman , and child on earth will be using Vista.

5. Hey, dont laugh, of course it's a security issue.

If they made it functional to begin with, it might compromise profitability.

Ah, how, you ask...............gimme a minute, ill come up with something...............

You see, thay need to make it LOOK like their are realistic threats to their monopoly, so that consumers will almost feel sorry for them, and give them time to iron things out-instead of going to, or investing extensively in open source.

6. Well, i dont know about that- "trying" to use vista maybe:D

7. bighog

bighog Guest

Wait for service pack 1, maybe even #2

I am usually an early adapter but am holding off on this puppy. Nothing really NEW in Vista.

8. Humpy

Humpy

I just had a thought. Maybe the reason for this obvious cock-up is that Microsoft are about to launch a range of printers ???
    Having cleared the opposition like HP off then in they jump like superman to the rescue ??
    Is it a bird --- is it a plane ---- NO its microsoft man with a new printer

9. I just bought Vista, and only 1 conflict (My graphics card control center)

Other than that, make sure you have a BEAST of a computer, or it will run slow.

I have 2 gigs of ram, 250g SATA, 512 PCI-E, AMD64 3500, and she runs great!

10. Isn't that kind of, sort of important? :D

Which card, and what kind of conflict?

#10     Feb 12, 2007