Vista Pricing... $600! Hahahaha....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gnome, Oct 5, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Sign up for some night classes at your local junior college, meet intelligent women and qualify for the student version.

#21     Oct 7, 2006
  2. Tums

Tums

#22     Dec 16, 2006
  3. This is something many people are overlooking. Vista is simply not going to be practical from both a cost and support perspective. When I mean support perspective, I am talking about big places of business that currently have tons of PC's and/or networks to maintain. Not to mention the fact that the majority of all older PC's out there will probably not be able to run Vista.

I think the scenario that makes the most sense is, you are in the market for a new PC. So you buy one pre-loaded with Vista.

#23     Dec 16, 2006
  4. LOL, come on now, you did not really expect the new NEW & IMPROVED version of Windows to be more stable?

Gates is running a monopoly here, not a charity. Capitalism at its best.

#24     Dec 17, 2006
  5. Does Streisand install it for you?

#25     Dec 18, 2006
  6. bighog

bighog Guest

Watch out for VISTA pre-installed................it very possibly will be the watered down version and you will not get all the features you might expect.

And this "VISTA READY" is also shaky. VISTA is coming out with Direct X 10. yes vista will be called ready but to get full advantage of x10 you will need an X10 video card.

Please be advised to be sitting down when you check prices of X 10 cards...........example: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX with 128mb GDDR3 memory and direct x 10 = $600

Unless you are hard core gamer or an early adapter, VISTA full blown version ($259, upgrade version ) and a new vid card and you should have minimum of 2G good memory, is not cheap.

Trading on the phone was no need to get a pc, but commissions are WAY lower for futures, a trade off......... :cool: :D

PS, and also to use a x10 card you will need a pci-express X 16 open slot on that new motherboard you will need.........AGPX8 will not get ther job done.

#26     Dec 18, 2006