Vista Price Drops... But Sill "No Go"

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gnome, Feb 29, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Saw a website today which reported Vista price drops. It also had a survey which asked, "Does the price decline induce you to replace XP with Vista or to order a new computer with Vista rather than XP?..."

90% said NO. 700 responses...

2. I think that XP with current hardware crop is the sweet spot of tech. Right now its a nice combination, why mess with it to get Vista?

3. bighog

bighog Guest

Agree Vista is nothing to write home about but if you are as cheap as i am and only buy OEM copies that can not be upgraded when a new OS comes out and must remain with the machine it is originally installed on then you have no choice but to buy a new copy.

But look at it this way..............when you upgrade to a NEW machine and get to where you GIVE AWAY the older machines to a Grade or High School so some youngster can use it ............Do you really expect someone to go out and buy a new operating system for an old machine?

Looks like i am really not that cheap after all. .. :)

A youngster can use an older machine WITH an operating system. I paid $135.00 for Vista OEM Business version. Can not beat that to leave the old copy of XP pro in a machine, now can you?

4. Bob111

Bob111

yep..the only reason for switching to vista is DX10. but it's only for games(and there is not so many dx10 games out here right now anyway)..

5. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Does anyone know if you buy a copy of Vista will you be able to install it on multiple machines?

I don't want to have to buy 4 copies of Windows Vista to install on all my computers when the time comes.

Thanks

6. fusionz

fusionz

pretty sure you can't unless you buy multiple licenses

7. you need to buy 4 windows if you use 4 computers at the same time.

8. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Thanks guys. I figured I would have to buy 4 licenses of Windows Vista to install on all 4 computers.

9. hcour

hcour Guest