Vista or XP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maverick74, Nov 18, 2007.

1. opt789

opt789

What if you are getting a new high end computer (QX9650) and turn off the extras of Vista? I like my XP now but the new computer I want only comes with Vista. There is a lot of info out there on how to turn off the resource hogs of Vista. Will I still want to pull my hair out with Vista on a new, powerful machine with the unnecessary Vista functions disabled?

#71     Dec 4, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

Probably.

You could have one built with XP Pro at a clone shop with the mobo you want.

#72     Dec 4, 2007
  3. opt789

opt789

Thanks.
    Any specific suggestions on shops?
    I am looking at the alienware Crossfire with the QX9650 factory overclocked to 4ghz, 4MB of DDR3 ram and 1GB video cards. I will be gaming and editing HD video which is why I am going with overkill. I haven't found anyone else that offers this setup.

#73     Dec 4, 2007
  4. gnome

gnome

You might want to compare prices for the specs you want with local shops in your area + online. ET'ers have some favorite online places. If the local shop's price is close to online, the local will be easier to deal with if you have problems or warranty work.

Dell has high powered XPS Gaming machines with XP Pro as an option. Alienware has a high price brand name, but likely not more powerful than other high end stuff.

#74     Dec 4, 2007
  5. i bot an nvidia 8800gt...awesome card...dx 10 capable...around 250 to 300 usd

#75     Dec 4, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

That's a lot of horsepower!

Nvidia Quadro NVS used on eBay is the way to go for trading... 2 dualhead cards <$100, and no noisy fans.

#76     Dec 4, 2007
  7. i know...but you should know me by now...faster is better...btw...this card is very quite...i replaced a nvs 285...ran fine but i wanted "more power"

#77     Dec 4, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

That's true.... "more power, MORE POWER!:D

#78     Dec 4, 2007