Vista for $611 a joke? Try $713!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gnome, Jan 3, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Blurb in the Inquirer today... Vista Ultimate costs the equivalent of $713 retail in Great Britain. OEM version, a mere $265.... that's before the vendor's markup, of course.

What at HOSER!

2. romik

romik

How much is an OS for a Mac?

3. gnome

gnome

?? Didn't know anyone cared... :D

4. romik

romik

Mini mac is fantastic, I've used one recently, OS very user friendly and now with Intel dual core it was pretty quick, definitely see it as a valid contender to a PC in a home environment. I don't know how prices compare to a same spec PC. I have been considering switching to a Mac for a while now.

5. gnome

gnome

I think many of us will be trying the Mac and Linux... anything to avoid the M$ Vista extortion.

6. MAC OSX Tiger full retail version box is $129

Or are you asking the cost of Windows XP to run on the newer MACS?? I have not actually done this. The full Windows XP version with SP2 retails for around $299

7. I hate using Microsoft products.
    With the advent of so many WEB 2.00 online versions, why bother?

8. Why pay $129 when open source OSX editions are free?

9. Thats always a choice. It sounded like to me, the poster was just looking to compare the two different products with respect to their current going retail prices.

10. billp

billp

Newb question. If we currently have windows xp home, do we need to buy windows vista or can we continously use windows xp home? Thanks.

#10     Jan 3, 2007