VisionTrader - version 588

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by QuoteT_Brent, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Hi Andriy, Momoneythansens, and BigBubba,

Thanks for your comments. Per my PM to you, your feedback is much appreciated, and will greatly assist the process for future clients by directing us in areas to improve.
    Yes, VisionTrader is free, and does require registration.
    We'll be adding additional documentation this week to assist new clients get started with VisionTrader more promptly :)

Cazza La Randa, I sent you the pats license via PM, let me know if I can assist you further.

Again, thank you for your comments,

Brent
    http://pmd.esignal.com/visiontrader
    trading@mail.esignal.com

#11     Aug 15, 2006
  2. Does this integrate with Esignal charting, i.e. can I tarde "off" a chart and display stop/entry etc. levels inside of an Esignal realtime chart?

#12     Aug 20, 2006
  3. Hi Makloda,

We're planning to more tightly integrate our trading integration with our charts.

For example, trading directly from within a chart, displaying open positions and working orders, allowing orders/positions to be modified from the chart (ie, close position, chg/cxl, etc.).

Please forward any comments or suggestions to trading@mail.esignal.com, your feedback is much appreciated!

Brent
    http://www.esignal.com/visiontrader
    trading@mail.esignal.com

#13     Aug 21, 2006
  4. A new VisionTrader build is available for immediate download!

New functionality includes:

* Trading Integration
    - TD Ameritrade trading integration which includes order routing and streaming data.
    - First-look at LindXpress integration.

* Audible alerts for order entry, fills, connectivity, etc.

New functionality also includes enhanced symbol management, enhanced performance reporting, new layouts and workspaces, and better support of Interactive Brokers, GAIN Capital, optionsXpress and patsystems.

Look for a new build in the next week or so, which will include even more efficient layouts, better risk management tools, better online resource access and additional brokers.

Please send any questions, suggestions or comments to trading@mail.esignal.com

Thanks,

Brent
    VisionTrader Product Management
    www.esignal.com/visiontrader
    trading@mail.esignal.com

#14     Sep 11, 2006
  5. Updated VisionTrader Release: 649 introduced into Pre-Release

Significant enhancements with VisionTrader v649 include:
    a. A new risk-management tool "The High-Water Mark"
    b. Spread displayed (if present)
    c. Re-designed, re-located, more efficient trading buttons (market buy/sell, reverse, flatten positions, etc.)
    d. Scrolling up/down price column added

Portfolio of data sources & trading destinations includes:
    a. TD AMERITRADE
    b. Oanda - Forex
    c. LindXpress
    d. Patsystems (access to a myriad of IBs and FCMs)
    d. optionsXpress
    f. Interactive Brokers
    g. GAIN Capital

And more on the way, including eSignal data with and a re-engineered paper-trading engine, FXCM and MB Trading

If you haven't already, register for VisionTrader - if you have, upgrade! - It's free and will stay that way.

If you have any questions, or for more information, please visit or contact:
    VisionTrader's website
    or
    email: trading@mail.esignal.com

Thanks,

Brent
    VisionTrader Product Management

#15     Oct 16, 2006
  6. Lucre

Lucre

ive tried this, and its not bad for free. are you going to keep adding brokers or start adding more functionality?
    i use ib for trading, and have some family accounts at ameritrade. if you add functionality, like autobreakeven, will that work for both brokers?
    also will it support any other datafeeds, like dtn, esignal/qcharts, tradestation?

#16     Nov 8, 2006
  7. zz

zz

VisionTrader is ok...not very customizable though, and not alot of documentation on it........and the whole thing is ad supported.....so i guess thats what they mean by free....

#17     Nov 8, 2006
  8. Hi Lucre,

Thank you - your feedback is much appreciated.

We'll have a release with eSignal data this week or next, followed by MB Trading and FXCM by month-end.
    We'll also expand the program trading functionality with features like dynamic hedging and risk management.

Yes.
    QuoteTrader's program trading and risk management tools are designed to leverage order-types and "display options" supported by exchanges, ECNs and brokers (ie, trailing stops, OCOs, reserved/hidden/"iceberg", etc.) whenever possible.

However, if the broker doesn't offer a particular destination or order-type, QuoteTrader will likely give customers the option of using "synthetic" orders, where the orders' behavior will be controlled by the software.
    Since there's some additional development, testing and support issues, that will probably be in phase 2 (~Q1 07).

In addition to the 10 brokers supported, eSignal will be the only "just data" feed, which will give eSignal subscribers a significantly improved trading platform (both simulated and live) that's more tightly integrated into its strengths (charts, EFS, etc.), plus trading and account access to 10 re-engineered brokeragers![/u]

Thank you again for your feedback, and let us know how we could improve QuoteTrader to work better for you,

Brent
    QuoteTrader Product Management
    trading@mail.esignal.com

#18     Nov 8, 2006
  9. QuoteTrader
    New name, new feeds, new features!

QuoteTrader (formerly, VisionTrader) now supports eSignal data and eSignal's Simulated Trading engine.

Also added is support for CyberTrader, and enhancements to the Oanda interface.

QuoteTrader is free and supports the brokers listed below* - coming soon: FXCM and MB Trading !
    If yours isn't listed, ask!

Also expanded is the QuoteTrader beta test site. Register to remain current on feature development, provide feedback and interact with other users.

*Brokers Supported:
    TD AMERITRADE, optionsXpress, Interactive Brokers, Patsystems, GAIN Capital / FOREX.com, LindXpress, Oanda and eSignal - coming soon: FXCM and MB Trading.

Brent
    QuoteTrader Product Management
    trading@mail.esignal.com
    http://www.esignal.com/quotetrader

#19     Nov 20, 2006
  10. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Now, I just tried to install this product and is asking me to install eSignal Data Manager???

Why should I install another component to consume my computer's memory if I'm not connected to eSignal???

#20     Nov 21, 2006