Vision

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Marc to Market, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I trade full time by myself at home. before i was a sfotware engineer, face computer more 10 hours a day.

i did not see any vision problem. I am middle 40. several weeks ago I let doctor check my vision, the results is I still have super vision, my doctor joked me 'have pilot vision'.

the secret, do eye exercise daily.
    do not put glasses, that will make it worse, doctor love it, so they can keep making you their patient.

actually watching quote screen does not worsen eyesight. most hurtings come from reading dead books (they are static).

do not read prints, you will be ok.

printed books and materials are the killer for vision.
    do not read them, if no choice, do not read them more than 30minutes, throw them away.

enjoy your vision!

#11     Jan 16, 2012
  2. Use lubricating eye drops for a month. People think that Dry Eye condition is just irritating, it's not, it's about high frequency vision.. I have stunningly good vision now, once you get that high frequency vision back, colors and details are amazing.

#12     Jan 16, 2012
  3. Yep, I'm holding a bottle of Visine Advanced Relief....use it nearly everyday.

#13     Jan 16, 2012
  4. drcha

drcha

As mentioned above, nearly everyone needs correction by sometime in their early 40s.

Are you nuts? Why the hell don't you get your eyes checked? They are your eyes, for chrissake. Ever heard of glaucoma? Silent and progressive, till you go blind.... but totally treatable when caught early. It never fails to amaze me how people neglect themselves.

#14     Jan 18, 2012
  5. I don't think you understand the difference between nearsightedness and farsightedness. While it is true that most people need correction (i.e. eye glasses) for farsightedness when they hit their early 40's, I am nearsighted, not farsighted. I am also nowhere near my 40's.

Who said I am neglecting my nearsightedness? Did you read my post? I specifically stated that I just got my eyes checked and that I need glasses. While it sucks, I never said anything about neglecting my nearsightedness or refusing treatment. I already purchased glasses and am now wearing them for watching TV, driving, etc.

I came here looking for opinions because it is uncommon for someone to have 20-20 vision most of their life only to gradually become 20-50 in one eye and 20-40 in the other. While my eye doctor doesn't seem to think the trading/staring at the monitor all day (and sometimes night) for the past 10+ years has anything to do with it, I still thought I'd look for feedback.

#15     Jan 18, 2012
  6. western

western

I had the exact same vision issues in 2005. I had been trading full time for a few years and the 10+ hrs a day staring at a screen was causing me fatigue, eyestrain, and worsening vision. Increasing my prescription didn't help at all.

Turns out I was slowly losing my ability to focus properly by staring at a close screen so much.

The cure for me was orthoptic visual therapy. Its a medical procedure that reteachs a person how to focus properly with their eyes. Its mostly used for young children, but adults like us can also benefit. I found an optometrist in my area who provides vision therapy and I went for 1hr a week for 9 months, cost me $3500.

The results were fantastic. My glasses prescription actually decreased slightly as I was better able to focus and I have no eye strain at all even after a full day of work.

Use this website to find a doctor in your area.

http://www.visiontherapy.org/vision-therapy/faqs/vision-therapy-FAQs.html

#16     Jan 18, 2012