Vision for the Day

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by VisionTrader, Jun 30, 2003.

1. BIG PAY AND LITTLE RESPONSIBILITY ARE CIRCUMSTANCES SELDOM FOUND TOGETHER.

It is possible to go through life without ever accepting any responsibility, but such freedom from the cares of the world comes at an enormous financial cost. If you make it a practice to go out the back door when responsibility walks through the front, you will also miss out on the opportunities that always accompany responsibility. In almost any vocation, profession, or calling, your remuneration is directly proportional to the responsibility that accompanies your position. Make it a practice to volunteer for more responsibility or simply to assume it. There are times when you must get on with the task at hand without ever being formally told you're in charge of it. If you demonstrate that you are a can-do kind of person, responsibility and the higher pay that accompanies it will come to you

#11     Jul 8, 2003
  2. much to be made in the swings of a highly traded nasdaq; the profits will occur from its daily swings.

#12     Jul 8, 2003
  3. bubba7

bubba7

LOL. I remember getting a loan once. It's not my policy to borrow but I did once when I was young.

I didn't have any of the three things you mention and I just wanted a cruising sailboat for summers when I wasn't doing anything.

As I remember it the banker said "boats sink". so I had to post collateral of 100%. I did and got a two year interest only loan. I paid it back with half the collateral at the end of two years.

I'm not into how bankers do their thing but i know this guy had and experience. as I traded the collateral I changed twice in my apporach. Fist I traded alphabetically in NYSE starting with a's; then later I traded consecutive B's around the Bullard section of NYSE. He didn't catch on until we looked at the documents.

I was a bad boy then. I think it was more my collateral and my address in Greenwich which was attractive to him. I dropped in at Val's liquor store on Putnam Ave and chatted with a staffer. Val was out but we both chatted about 40 years ago. Val used to leave new varieties of wine on my back steps. Greenwich was a kewl place long ago. Everybuddy joked about my free sailboat. LOL.

#13     Jul 8, 2003
  4. THE PRIVILEGE OF BRINGING CHILDREN INTO THE WORLD CARRIES WITH IT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF TEACHING THEM THE FUNDAMENTALS OF SOUND CHARACTER.

One of life's greatest joys is the sense of wonder that accompanies the arrival of a tiny new human being into the world. But that joy is accompanied by a tremendous responsibility that perfectly encapsulates the need for personal initiative. You can provide children with all the physical advantages of a good childhood, but unless you strive to set a good example for them to follow, you will know only dismay as they reach adulthood and blossom into purposeless drifters. Your personal initiative, whether or not you are raising a child, must always incorporate exemplary behavior. You cannot take ethical shortcuts, big or small, without other people observing them and assuming that this behavior is something you wouldn't mind having turned back on yourself. Certainly you will make mistakes, but if you have always striven for the best course, others will remember it and treat you accordingly.

#14     Jul 9, 2003
  5. IT TAKES MORE THAN A LOUD VOICE TO GAIN RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY.

Margaret Thatcher once observed that being powerful is like being a lady: If you have to tell others you are, you aren't. Truly great leaders gain respect by the way they conduct themselves, not by the loudness of their orders. You gain respect by respecting others. Follow the Golden Rule in your treatment of others, and you will win their undying loyalty. If you ever expect to have authority over others, you must first prove yourself worthy. You must demonstrate to them that you care about them, that as their leader you will always look out for their interest. A good officer always makes sure the troops are provided for before be takes care of his own needs. It's a lesson that all too often is lost in the scramble to get to the top-but one that will most certainly undercut your progress if you overlook it.

#15     Jul 13, 2003
  6. OVERCAUTION IS AS BAD AS NO CAUTION. IT MAKES OTHER PEOPLE SUSPICIOUS.

If you expect others to have confidence in you, you must conduct yourself in a way that inspires trust. Being so cautious that you never try anything new will damage your credibility just as much as will throwing all caution to the winds and trying any idea that comes along without thinking it through. (Most people equate any kind of extreme behavior with poor judgment.) But don't fall victim to "analysis paralysis." Learn to separate facts from opinions and make sure your decisions-and your subsequent actions-are based on reliable information. Then take action!

#16     Jul 14, 2003
  7. Visiontrader:

Thanks for sharing

Kev

#17     Jul 14, 2003
  8. Welcome Kevster

#18     Jul 14, 2003
  9. THE PERSON WHO COMPLAINS THAT HE OR SHE NEVER HAD A CHANCE PROBABLY HASN'T THE COURAGE TO TAKE A CHANCE.

Thomas Edison once observed that the reason most folks don't recognize opportunity when it comes along is that it is often dressed in coveralls and looks like work. Often opportunity involves a great deal of work and a willingness to take a chance on something, the outcome of which may be uncertain. Eventually you reach a point when you must either accept an opportunity with all of its unknowns or else turn your back on it. No one can tell you when you have reached that point; you alone know when it's time to make your move, to have the courage to take a chance.

#19     Jul 15, 2003
  10. A BLIND BOY PAID HIS WAY TO A MASTER'S DEGREE AT NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY BY TAKING NOTES ON CLASS LECTURES IN BRAILLE, TYPING THEM, AND SELLING COPIES TO CLASSMATES WHO HAD STRONGER EYES BUT WEAK AMBITION.

One of the great mysteries of life is why some people who seem to have all the advantages-the right connections, education, and experience-never seem to amount to much while others who have had to struggle for everything they have reach incredible heights of success. It hinges on determination. If you have the will to succeed, you will somehow find a way, regardless of the obstacles you encounter. Do you use all of your assets to achieve your goals, or are you handicapped by your lack of ambition? No other person can create in you a desire to succeed. With enough motivation, you will see things all around you that will help you reach your objectives, things that you may have overlooked many times before.

#20     Jul 16, 2003