Vision for the Day

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by VisionTrader, Jun 30, 2003.

1. A MOST BENEFICIAL USE OF TIME IS SILENT MEDITATION, WHILE SEARCHING FOR GUIDANCE FROM WITHIN.

We all experience rare moments when a blinding revelation comes to us, when we suddenly see things differently than ever before. Usually, however, we learn the truth about ourselves gradually, over long periods of time, from quiet introspection. We are all spiritual, but some of us have learned to tap more effectively into the great strength that resides in the spiritual portion of ourselves. The spirit is not boisterous and noisy. Getting in touch with your spiritual self demands tranquillity and solitude. Make sure you dedicate a portion of every day to thought and study, to think and reflect upon your life. Choose a time and place that best allow you to relax your mind and devote your thoughts to reflection.

2. As for me it above all demands works and commitment. I have used vision technique for improving some fields even in fields where I had known failure or have disinterest for. For example I hated litterature and philosophy at school because I was more naturally mathematically skilled. But I needed to improve that because when you take exams for engineering school litterature can make a difference between failure and success (to go to engineering school you must not only make a good exam you are put into competition against others because there was a quota for admission so that only 1/10th of those preparing an engineering school will get it). And I wanted to prove myself that I could change a very bad state into a good state. But I don't just sit alone for tranquillity, I first needed to find a motivation to do the first step. It is the first step that is difficult. One you are engaged on the path it's much easier. So I decided first to train myself by writing letters of 20 pages to friends during vacation whereas usually I just write one line asking them "Hey do you have good vacations ?" and that's was all, so to fill twenty pages I decided to write novels to them so that I could try to feel how a writer was doing. Once I had some feeling about writing I was more inclined to read litterature then I read about 1 book per day - during vacations - I began to read entertainment litterature first and then increased the difficulty with more difficult authors like philosophical one. It is only at the end of the process of about 4 years that I could use vision. Before each exam I imagined being inspired and succeded in my exam. And effectively I got one of the best note at the national exam in French (18/20 I think there was one who got 20/20 and 6 had got 18/20 in whole France) and was second at the engineering school in french. So vision is useful but it doesn't come by magic at least for me. Inspiration comes unconsciously through works and commitment. The path can be very long since It took me 4 years and it is the same in trading it took me years but at a moment you will get the assurance that you cannot fail anymore. Of course there is no garantee that it will work for everybody but that's the way I did it for several fields that I particularly hated. Sometimes I didn't succeed because there was no time left to improve myself so time is crucial : every process needs time if you try to go too fast you will burn instead. And each person has its own rythm I am myself rather slow in learning something new perhaps if I wasn't so slow I would have achieved the above goal in 2 years instead of 4 but what counts is that you must know that it can take time especially if nobody can help you.

3. WHEN YOU GET YOURSELF UNDER COMPLETE CONTROL, YOU CAN BE YOUR OWN BOSS.

We all have moments when we allow others to cause us to react emotionally, especially in anger. Often we regret our response later, and we vow we will never allow ourselves to behave in this fashion again. The next time you feel the anger rising, remind yourself that no one can make you angry or emotional without your consent-indeed, your active participation is required. Those who have learned to manage themselves are the individuals who are destined to be leaders. They are chosen to manage others because they have demonstrated that they can manage themselves. They are people of character.

4. BANKERS OFTEN LEND MONEY ON CHARACTER, BUT SELDOM ON REPUTATION ALONE, FOR THEY HAVE LEARNED THAT NOT ALL REPUTATIONS ARE DESERVED.

When considering a loan, a banker attaches great importance to three things: the borrower's ability to repay the loan, the borrower's credit history, and the borrower's character. The first two considerations can be calculated mathematically; the third requires judgment and experience. Prudent bankers have learned that persons of character are always a good risk because they take their obligations seriously while those who spend their resources on the trappings of success should be avoided at all costs. Protect your good reputation as you would protect your home, your investments, and your life. Once shattered, a good reputation can only be regained by those who have developed the courage and willpower to persevere in the face of great odds.

5. SOUND CHARACTER BEGINS WITH KEEN SELF-RESPECT.

No one really knows for sure how we develop self-respect, but the experts believe it begins at a very early age. Parents who show their children that they love them unconditionally-just because they are who they are-build a foundation of healthy self-respect that will sustain the children for the rest of their lives. From this foundation comes the moral and ethical structure known as character. Healthy self-respect should not be confused with egotism. An egotist loves himself for the most superficial of reasons, while a self-respecting person takes pride in qualities of character that he or she has worked hard to develop.

6. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

I have read through thread for first time. Valuable, VT. Thank you for sharing.

7. Bullshit if it was true Giannini the founder of bank of America wouldn't have created his own bank because the other banks refused to lend to the small entrepreneurs. Bankers lend to the richest and the richest have automatically "good" reputation. They are honest bankers but it is not the case of the majority. I have a branch of my family that have directed important english and french banks as CEO and as such they benefit from that position and not because they are honest (although one is honest too honest in fact to be a banker and a politician that he is :D ) huhu.

At the time when Giannini created his bank you only needed a capital of 500$ to do so, today it is impossible to do it, perhaps the "reputed" bankers learned the lesson to fear new comers after the creation of bank of America haha ! They tried of course to kill his bank first perhaps by a criminal fire (but no proof) then later by dumping his shares on stock market. Giannini had been really shaken and hardly hit financially by their attack but he succeded to build a financial fortress that forbid them the take-over. He learned to know that his supposed official advisor JP Morgan was his leading ennemy hee hee !

All his life he stayed a simple man saying to his daughter one day when she reproached him to always wear the same vest and trousers that he didn't need all this richness that he did it to allow others (the above small entrepreners) to have a confortable life. Really an astonishing banker. He merits to be known but I'm pretty sure that not many know him although it is announced on their site "December 2, 1998 that Time magazine has named Bank of America founder AP Giannini as one of the Time 100 Most Important People of the 20th Century."

8. ACT ON YOUR OWN INITIATIVE, BUT BE PREPARED TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTS.

One of the primary differences between those who achieve great things in their lives and those who manage only to "get by" is that successful people learned early in life that they were responsible for their own actions. No other person can make you successful or keep you from achieving your goals. Taking the initiative means assuming a leadership role, a position that singles you out for praise-and for criticism. The good leader is the one who shares the credit for success with others and assumes full responsibility for failures or temporary setbacks. When you accept responsibility for your actions, you gain the respect of others and are well on the way to creating your own future.

9. kernan

kernan

Good thread - can I add a few thoughts?

1.) Everything in your life is a result of YOU – your thoughts, your beliefs.
    2.) NO ONE else is responsible. You reap what you sow – you reap your thoughts, the thoughts you hold constant and drive into your being.
    3.) You can blame everyone and everything for what you are and where you are in life, but NOTHING about your current situation is in the control of anyone or anything EXCEPT YOU.

Whether you think you are a success, or think you are a failure - you are correct.

:)

10. Well said Kernan.

The greatest gift we have is the ability to control our own thoughts.

#10     Jul 6, 2003