Visa IPO...Overhyped?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by peilthetraveler, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mwerbe

mwerbe

visa is so afraid of this market that they are moving the ipo up to the same day the fed cuts rates. This is a huge ipo, the winner is JPM who sells a nice chunk of shares. I wouldn't buy here unless you already got in on the ipo price. MA short looks good for next week akamai

#41     Mar 15, 2008
  2. I think insiders will dump it hard on the open market Bagstone style. Forget the comparison to MA and mentality that "MA is doing so well, so should V".

But it may be good for a fluff trade with Joe public thinking that...but who the F knows and it mirrors MA....I'll pass.

#42     Mar 15, 2008
  3. subban

subban

Are options contracts going to open up on wednesday with the ipo? I might go into leaps.

#43     Mar 15, 2008
  4. This will be a very good IPO

I see the stock doubling in 2008

#44     Mar 15, 2008
  5. Oh it may be good. And it may be bad. I agree - who knows? (Except stock_trad3r who is giving investing advice)

See how much flipping happens when it debuts...

#45     Mar 15, 2008
  6. Yes, watch the price after the debut. Its a huge public offering. Suppose to generate more money than at&t. Of course Goldman S and JP will make a ton of money, thats the idea right? VISA sells to them..they turn around and sell to public for a profit..ok, but the amount of shares being offered is HUGE ...perhaps so huge it generates enough money for the big boys to make a nice chunk of change and give the average joe a chance to own a peice of a company set to grow much bigger than it already is. Only drawback is the litigation that VISA has not gone through yet with unfair share of the market. Maybe a chance of VISA being stopped from expanding further.
    Theres always risk.

#46     Mar 15, 2008
  7. It is a little joke if you live in USA, and see commercials on TV, priceless! :D They have emotional icons also. They have all kinds of advertisements, take this one: buying a hot dog at a baseball game $3.99, a day with your kids, they will never forget "priceless"! You can buy things on credit card which create memories, that the joke of it! :D :p

Yes, same post earlier as it seems that the answer is still relevant. :D :p

#47     Mar 22, 2008
  8. lo! :eek: Talk of inflation! What is the price now?

#48     Apr 25, 2008
  9. long @ 59.5

#49     Apr 25, 2008
  10. :eek: Is that the price of hotdogs? :(

#50     May 6, 2008