Visa IPO...Overhyped?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by peilthetraveler, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

what would be the price to book and earnings of those ipo estimates?

#11     Feb 25, 2008
  2. They'll just make less money. Visa doesnt lend money, they charge transaction fees. the transactions are said to be going higher in numbers and lower in amounts. So they could make more money or less. I would reccomend everyone buy it and get put/leaps on it for market insurance. of course I dont know how long before the puts come out, so it may be prudent to have a tight stop loss.

Companies like this usually go public for one reason, to sell it. So It is a pretty good bet that the bag they are holding is their own company.

#12     Feb 25, 2008
  3. It still will make traders a quick buck 10min. in to the day.

Akuma

#13     Feb 25, 2008
  4. The banks that own Visa are cashing out. The proceeds are going to pay of debt, legal settlements and to existing shareholders. It may be a good short candidate.

#14     Feb 25, 2008
  5. Not to mentuon that even if they only make profits through transaction fees...once the credit crunch really kicks everyone ass in the credit card industry (ie everyone finally defaults or has their cards closed)..then Visa's profits in theory would drop like a rock.

I'm not a stock whiz as you can probably tell..this is just my general opinion based on my limited knowledge.

#15     Feb 25, 2008
  6. Visa is looking to dump their soon-to-be losses onto soon-to-be shareholders.:D :D :D

#16     Feb 26, 2008
  7. jfall

jfall

What date is the IPO anyway?

#17     Feb 26, 2008
  8. If this gets as overhyped as say a BX, it will be a huge dissapointment long term.

Everyone one will expect MA type results and they will have their thumbs up their ass.

#18     Feb 26, 2008
  9. Of course the Visa IPO is overhyped.

IPO's are designed to make as much money for the company as possible and are therefore sold to the public at the highest price possible.

#19     Feb 26, 2008
  10. axehawk

axehawk

I think its March 20.

#20     Feb 26, 2008