Virus help???

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by spinn, Jan 3, 2010.

1. i4i

i4i

BTW if you use your machine solely for trading, I suggest you check the TCP/UDP ports and open only those that are used to access your broker. Also shut down all the nonessential services unrelated to running your trading platform, which might leave your system vulnerable.

#31     Jan 6, 2010
  2. tommintj

tommintj

Check your power settings if your machine shuts itself down.

#32     Jan 6, 2010
  3. Get a mac and run IB workstation in OS X

#33     Jan 7, 2010
  4. spinn

spinn

I use ensign for charting and that does not have a MAC version, will it run in OS X?

#34     Jan 7, 2010
  5. My computer made a sudden cut off again today about 10:am. It had been turned on for about 5 hours. Hope my reboot just before the market opens will solve the problem.

#35     Jan 7, 2010
  6. spinn

spinn

mine did not shut down last night, I went into the power settings yesterday and looked around, but didnt change anything.

#36     Jan 7, 2010
  7. It's quite possible that is a trojan. I had a nasty one once that was not caught by any conventional tools. Would auto shutdown in middle of night for no reason. It resided in a chrome folder. Deleted it and it was gone.

#37     Jan 7, 2010
  8. spinn

spinn

you remember the name, I also use Chrome, if not, how did you find it?

#38     Jan 7, 2010
  9. Tons of research looking for possible clues.
    Found one which said there was one of those long $$*FeJKJg$$ffzFJ file names in a chome folder. I don't even use chrome, so it was deleted, and poof, the problem never appeared again. Just like that.

Don't recall exactly, but think it was somewhere in documents and settings.

#39     Jan 7, 2010
  10. I don't use chrome and never have. Firefox is my browser. I do a scan every night and can find nothing.

#40     Jan 7, 2010