Violent Crime Rising Sharply in Some Cities

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Well, lets not take London but let's take France in recent months.

Was that the work of whites?

end of discussion

Maria

#31     Feb 13, 2006
  2. Wrong-

My sister and I received gun training from my dad when we were young and she has a CCW permit. She works in Sacramento, her office is a riverboat on the Sac River.

So one evening she was walking to her car and some dudes were hanging around the parking lot. They started following her and so she pulled her pistol and held it against her leg and continued walking to her car.

The dudes stopped dead in their tracks. And a few days later the police came her office and warned everyone that there were some guys haging around mugging women in the area.

Guns are the equalizer for women. You may not need one, since you bench 385 lbs and would break an intruder in half with your bare hands, but she sure did that night....

#32     Feb 13, 2006
  3. Is it human nature to be greedy beyond one's own needs?

Yes, I agree.

Is it human nature to have no concern for others?

Yes, I agree.

Look at children, they are naturally greedy and unconcerned with others, very self centered.

However, is that a permanent condition? Can humanity evolve to a higher level of existence beyond survival and greediness?

Is that the human condition we really want to maintain and preach as the way to live?

Or do we want to inspire people to higher values?

#33     Feb 13, 2006

4. Can it? Can all groups do so, in the same way, at the same rate? Liberal fiat declares it so, though others see reason to doubt it.

You can attempt to inspire them. Doing so is noble and admirable. But whether they will be inspired and thus attain those higher values would be open to question, would it not? And what of the methods used to inspire, might not their effectiveness vary, and if so, ought not ineffective methods be discarded?

#34     Feb 13, 2006
  5. You can stuff like that. It's not the blacks fault. It is all because the white man oppresses the black man. Get with the program here, have you forgotten that all of societies ills are due to the white man.

#35     Feb 13, 2006
  6. maxpi

maxpi

The Democrat governor was so bad that even the liberal voters recognized it. The guy really sucked, State bankruptcy meant nothing to the guy as long as he could lock in spending for so many decades that nobody could do anything about it. He could not handle the energy crisis caused by liberals absolute refusal to build more power generating capacity for 30-40 years either.

#36     Feb 13, 2006

7. Can it? Can all groups do so, in the same way, at the same rate? Liberal fiat declares it so, though others see reason to doubt it.

Unless you are a racist or a bigot, the conclusion is if equal opportunity, meaning education quality, proper nutrition, stable home life, good parents....yes, then all groups can. Not that they will, but yes, they can.

You can attempt to inspire them.

Who would not want to inspire them?

Doing so is noble and admirable.

Inspiration is only noble and admirable, there is no practical value?

But whether they will be inspired and thus attain those higher values would be open to question, would it not?

Again, unless your view is that of a racist or a bigot, most all children, in the proper environment can grow into living according to noble and admirable values.

And what of the methods used to inspire, might not their effectiveness vary, and if so, ought not ineffective methods be discarded?

The methods do begin at and end at home....but with the help and support of society.....which is why many of the programs have failed.

#37     Feb 13, 2006
  8. Beginning with "Unless you are..." means nothing more than "Unless you disagree with me, you agree with me". Perhaps I do neither, only wait to be convinced.

One can quickly see where all this is going: unless each and every individual is given exactly the same environment, differing by not more than a molecule, you will always be able to claim that your assurances of individual and group equality are well-founded.

And what is meant by "Not that they will..."? Though the suggestion that some people might willingly choose poverty over prosperity - or whatever else is meant by being "uplifted" - tends to strain credibilty, if true, if that is a free choice, then why should one want to spend money trying to force the individual to choose differently?

#38     Feb 13, 2006
  9. You hit on a few important concepts here.

Equal education: While this should be the goal it will never be achieved. Equal education would require equal teachers, administrators, and funding for all public schools. This would also require that private schools be abolished they sometimes provide a better education. Also to get equal education the coursework for all students must be reduced in difficulty to the lowest common denominator. This is not practical or beneficial to anyone since this only lowers the education standards more than that they already are.

Proper Nutrition: Is the government going to force everyone to eat the same food at the same time. A person will eat what is available to them and will choose what they want from what is available. Our government cannot force people to eat a certain way and should not pay for a person to eat. If you want to eat and want your kids to eat then get a job and make money to feed yourself or start farming

Stable Home life/Good parents: Will the government start handing out permits to families to have kids. As much as I see and know people who should not have kids or contribute to the gene pool, the government should not say who can and cannot have kids unless a situation involves child abuse (in which case the CPS steps in).

All of what you said is very important for a child to have a better chance in life. However the government has not authority or right to dictate any of these environmental factors. Ultimately it is up to the parents to provide a good home environment, stable family life, enough resources for adequate food and shelter, and enough resources for a diverse and healthy upbringing.

At what point are you willing to allow the government to step in and control your life in such a manner as would be required to ensure that the playing field is "equal"?

What are you solutions for:

1) providing equal education

2) proper nutrition

3) stable homelife/good parents

#39     Feb 13, 2006
  10. Ricter

Ricter

So, how about it Ptabs, the really light skinned Latinos? Are they some fraction of 4x as likely to commit violent crime as "pure" whites?

#40     Feb 13, 2006