Vintage Chris Mathews

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ak15, Sep 18, 2008.

1. i didn't say he is unbiased. i said he is right! and fair!

#11     Sep 19, 2008
  2. Uh, okay. He's so "right and fair" that his bosses decided he had to be demoted.

Karl Rove must be running MSNBC.

ROFL!

#12     Sep 19, 2008
  3. It looks as if MSNBC is doing a good job of "getting rid" of themselves. They are WAY down the list in terms of ratings....comparable perhaps to the Learning Channel. LOL. How much longer do you think this channel will survive?

Meanwhile, Fox is at the top of the list. Roughly, Fox beats CNN and MSNBC combined.

OldTrader

#13     Sep 19, 2008
  4. ak15

ak15

What ratings are you looking at? Comparable to Learning Channel? LOL. It seems like you're comparing apples to oranges. Ratings on shows like Bones and Fringe? :)

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/tag/primetime-ratings/

#14     Sep 19, 2008
  5. I got them from tvbythenumbers.com. (Its down right now). This rates just cable news shows. What you're looking at is Primetime ratings.

Fox News basically equals the total of CNN and MSNBC. You can verify that for yourself on the above link (except that it's down right now). MSNBC is a distant 3rd by the way.

I found one link that showed a variety of cable shows...and MSNBC about about the same as the Learning Channel. LOL.

You couldn't make this up if you tried. LOL. Try the link when it's back up.

OldTrader

#15     Sep 19, 2008
  6. ak15

ak15

So far no dice on your website. I remain skeptical and let's see "the one link that showed a variety of cable shows...and MSNBC about about the same as the Learning Channel".

#16     Sep 19, 2008
  7. My website is still down! LOL. And unfortunately, I'm not able to locate another one that shows the cable network rankings. But just so you aren't too "skeptical", here's a link to the top 15 cable programs:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jdU5mzTBQCChplJgwZkHzo9xcVYwD938NKU80

If you scroll down, you'll find that the O'Reilly Factor has 4 of the top 15 spots. Notice there are no CNN or MSNBC programs at all. If they went futher on this list, you would find that Hannity and Combs is very high, as is Greta Van Susteran. Chris Matthews is waaaay, waaay down the list. Olberman is even farther down the list.

Trust me on this one, MSNBC is a distant 3rd for the 3 cable news stations. Fox News basically equals the total of CNN and MSNBC.

I'm not sure why MSNBC is still on the air.

OldTrader

#17     Sep 19, 2008