ViewMgr.exe

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shfly, Aug 30, 2005.

1. shfly

shfly

Hi,

keep getting this pop-up as a high risk alert from Norton Internet Security.

Even when I try to "always block connections", this alert keeps coming up.

Norton shows it as being a high risk, says the program named ViewMgr.exe is attempting to connect to a computer at 24.92.226.9:53 using port 0.

Threat type is shown as "No Virus", but NOT digitally signed.

Have gone through all settings at Norton, changed settings etc., to try to get this from happening, no help.

Have tried to delete this from program files, but am unable to delete all of the contents in folder.

Also, my other computer does not have this program, both XP Pro.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. From http://ask-leo.com/viewmgrexe.html

"The consensus seems to be that you can uninstall Viewpoint Media Player if you want to. Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, select it and hit Remove. It seems that the uninstall is less than complete, however, and you'll probably still need to go looking for the files - search for viewmgr.exe and delete it. (If you can't delete it, you may need to fire up Task Manager and end the task first: right click on the clock in your task bar, click on Task Manager, locate viewmgr.exe in the Processes tab, right click on it and select End Process. Now you should be able to delete the file.)"

If this doesn't help, just do a Google search for "viewmgr.exe" and you should find something that helps.

3. shfly

shfly

Thanks for the quick replies.

Was able to delete, and also after some more searching, realized it belongs to AOL/AIM. Makes sense, my other computer does not have AOL/AIM,

Again, thanks.

4. Thanks. That thing had been annoying me ever since I installed IM.

5. shfly

shfly

Have had AIM installed a long time, but Norton have not stopped View.exe it until the last couple of weeks.

Oh, well, it's finally gone...