Video: Trader, Paul Tudor Jones

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ashantt, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hey, let's move on with the conversation...

Just 2 observations:

1. He actually made million by using TA.

2. Something must have happened between then and now that TA is no longer valid. What was it???

#51     Mar 25, 2011
  2. Interview conducted in 2000:

Q: Let's play a word association game. I'll say a word and you say whatever comes to mind.

Q: Technical analysis

Paul Tudor Jones: Made well over half the money that I've made in my lifetime.

Q: Fundamental Analysis

Paul Tudor Jones: Made the rest.

Q: Are you better at one or the other?

Paul Tudor Jones: Probably technical analysis.

http://chinese-school.netfirms.com/Paul-Tudor-Jones-interview.html

But please, surf, tell us more about your evolution. I hear you're walking upright these days.

#52     Mar 25, 2011
  3. But that was back in 2000. Clearly it doesn't work anymore.

#53     Mar 25, 2011
  4. But it still worked for another full 10 years after marketsurfer said he had abandoned TA and moved on. Since then, of course, everything has changed:

"It's different this time."

P.S. This just in. PTJ is reported to have said the following in 2008:

"If anyone in the world was stranded on a deserted island, and they could only have access to one form of trading, either all the fundamental information in the world, or the access to charts for technical analysis, I would say that, and it's not even remotely close, people would be foolish not to choose technical analysis every day of the week and twice on Sunday."

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/3...aul-tudor-jones-spoke-our-class-today-327300/

Whether the attribution is correct, I cannot say. However, it is not inconsistent with what he has been known to say, and he has yet to contradict his fairly consistent narrative on the subject matter.

#54     Mar 25, 2011
  5. So what you imply is that PTJ is showing methods that are outdated now. What, precisely has changed about the market? There are still buyers, sellers, volume, and a way to record their behavior. What is so different?

Answer: Nothing.

Worse, you also indict yourself by suggesting that you were selling videos of this trader, knowing that his methods were antiquated.

Is that ethical, surf?

Or does it matter to you? :)

#55     Mar 25, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think we should stop bullying poor Surf. He is clearly the missunderstood, weird kid in the schoolyard...

I am opening up the betting line on PTJ's ability to shut down the Tudou video. Last time this happened on Youtube back in 2009, it was only available for less than a week, before his lawyers got to it. It was also removed from Zshare.com, and I don't think they are American...

So what say you, will the Tudou video removed in let's say 2 weeks or not???

#56     Mar 25, 2011
  7. Surfer posts: the gifts that keep on giving. :D

#57     Mar 25, 2011
  8. Indeed. And perhaps he is the one who mostly misunderstands himself, judging by the repeated and ongoing internal inconsistency of just about anything he has to say.

Perhaps we could cheer him up if someone were to buy one of his remaining PTJ videos or at least a Madoff hanky (with certified genuine DNA remnants)...

#58     Mar 25, 2011
  9. If it is redacted, as surf implies, they would be smart to let it stay up, as disinformation, to throw the rest of us off the scent, so to speak.

OTOH, I will give it a month, that it is up there if it is authentic. International channels and all that.

No one is picking on Surf, he was the big kid on the block for a long time. Now he eschews TA. But one the greatest traders ever known uses it. And not just any TA, elliott and gann of all things. And there is no refuting it either, they talk about b waves and superimposing 49 year charts over the current charts in the video, which is classic Gann.

Surf backed himself in a corner and it is fair in a public forum to call him on it.

As you have many times :D

ps. I know you were tongue in cheek about protecting surf as you have ripped him a new one a couple of times just off the top of my head:)

#59     Mar 25, 2011
  10. I gotta give Surf credit, without his posts, I would not have learned how to code in order to reverse engineer his stuff.

Here's to you MarketSurfer!!!!!

#60     Mar 25, 2011