Video: Trader, Paul Tudor Jones

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ashantt, Mar 24, 2011.

1. The ideo was shot in the 80s, before the various microbreweries opened. The only alternative then was European beers, stale from multi-week transocean shipment... Of course, in the premium version of the video, maybe he cracks open a Sam Adams or two...

#41     Mar 25, 2011

2. Does the freegan, commie punk version have all the good stuff the original, premium first edition contained, or has it been redacted as I suspect? I don't download pirated material, so I don't know for certain. Just like watered down beer, pirates often remove the true taste.

The assumptions and leaps you make are unbecoming of one trained in the library arts. :D :p

#42     Mar 25, 2011
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sure it does. Happy now? And stop suggesting that your copy is in any way better or features more than the linked copy.

If you weren't completely braindead, you could measure the running time of your copy, and if it is the same as the linked one (55.5 mins), there you got your answer...

How can we answer such a question anyway, when we don't have the "premium, signed and still in the box" (lol) first edition"?

The only one who can answer your question is, well, YOU... >>>>fucking duh obvious

#43     Mar 25, 2011
  4. Why would a "watered down" version of a stupid pbs documentary that no one in this world cares about except the trading community even exist. I mean, is there a watered down version of the titanic? or Forest Gump? Silliness :p

This movie is so old its like Bach and Beethoven, nobody owns the rights because it was before copyrights existed! :D

#44     Mar 25, 2011

5. I guess I will never know if the freegan version is "complete" with all the goodness of the original,first edition.

too bad.

surf:(

#45     Mar 25, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Oh you mean when he reveals the Holy Grail at 27:15 min? Yes, it is in it.... :)

Now stop being lazy and measure the length of your di.. I mean copy....

#46     Mar 25, 2011
  7. But you had previously defended the copying of the video itself. (Presumably to ease your conscience, such as it is.) How is copying the video and then selling it unlike the pirating that you refer to? Is the principal difference that you're now no longer making $500 a pop?

P.S. Is the "good stuff" in your complete version what made you the the master trader that you are today, selling Madoff paraphernalia, or at least trying to, by relying on the greater fool theory?

#47     Mar 25, 2011
  8. I like that video was released because it shows a super trader that uses TA. Surfs premise is blown to bits.

#48     Mar 25, 2011

9. I used TA also in 1990-- hand drawn charts and turning them upside down for insight. I moved on, don't be surprised if Mr. Jones has also. Maybe drop his ex chief TA guy, Peter, a note, ask him if he still uses gann elliot and TA--LOL!

Most evolve out of untestable nonsense eventually-- some never do.

surf:D

#49     Mar 25, 2011
  10. Surf's premises are collected at regular intervals and saved for ticker-tape parades and weddings.

#50     Mar 25, 2011