Video on Bush 911

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jstanton, Mar 29, 2004.

1. jstanton

jstanton

2. :mad:

"At 9:03 AM on 11 September 2001, the second airplane hit the South Tower of the World Trade Center. President Bush was in Florida, at the Emma T. Booker Elementary School, listening to children read. Chief of Staff Andrew Card came over and whispered in Bush's ear, "A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack."

What did the Commander in Chief do? Nothing. He sat there. He sat for well over 5 minutes, doing nothing while 3,000 people were dying and the attacks were still in progress.

[...]

Apologists claim that Bush didn't leave simply because he didn't want to interrupt and upset the children, but this falls apart for several reasons:

1) America is being attacked, thousands are dying, and Bush doesn't know if we're facing nuclear, biological, or chemical attacks, as well. Couldn't he just say, "Excuse me, kids, I need to take care of something. It's part of being President, y'understand. I'll be back as soon as I can."

2) At the moment Card told Bush about the second plane, the children weren't reading to Bush. They had finished reading words from an easel and were reaching under their chairs for a book when Card whispered to Bush. Another 30 seconds would elapse before they started reading again. This pause was a perfect time for Bush to politely excuse himself.

3) By staying, he not only endangered his own life, but the lives of all of those children. Wouldn't it be better to risk upsetting them than to risk letting them die in a terror attack?

4) Even if Bush was afraid of hurting the kiddies' feelings, what about the Secret Service? Have they been trained not to attempt to save the President's life if it might bother some schoolchildren?

5) What about Chief of Staff Andrew Card, White House Spokesperson Ari Fleischer, and other officials who were in that classroom? Didn't they feel that a 21st-century Pearl Harbor and a potential attack on the President himself were worth some sort of action?

6) Finally, and most damningly, this excuse doesn't explain why Bush continued to mill around the classroom for several minutes after the children had finished reading. "

3. Turok

Turok

I'm trying to imagine the convoluted information chain between the events at the towers and the Pres. I myself was watching the live news helicopter broadcasts and saw the plane flash into the second tower. Up until that point the most reported hypothesis was that it was some sort of "small" plane that hit the first tower through perhaps a navigational error.

Now of course the Presidents people have a lot of avenues for information that I didn't have, but there is necessarily a system for filtering that to the Pres (after all he can't call all involved up personally) and I personally don't believe that a few minute delay while things are sort through and confirmed warrants any kind of criticism or conspiracy.

Grasping. IMO.

JB

4. Oh a plane, whatever it is, is crashing in one of the most important tower of New York and it doesn't deserve its attention well this astonish me. And I doubt that with DOZENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS SPENT ON APPARATUS TO DETECT FLYING ENNEMY ENGINES they are not even capable of knowing that it is a Big Jumbo Jet crashing :D

5. And Bush was clearly notified that AMERICA WAS UNDER ATTACK I quote:

'Chief of Staff Andrew Card came over and whispered in Bush's ear, "A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack." '