Video of a trader blow up Today, NSFW lol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jtnet, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Schadenfreude, it's an attribute of people who belong to the losing curve within a zero sum distribution.

#41     Jan 21, 2008
  2. I just hope the guy doesn't take a machine gun to work today.

#42     Jan 21, 2008
  3. Really? I was under the impression that you had been there:
    If your own similar experiences cannot help you understand the misery of others, however much they may have brought it upon themselves, then there is little left for me to say.

#43     Jan 21, 2008
  4. the dangers of over trading with a rising VIX

That guy had no business trading 10 ER2 contracts in these conditions...

#44     Jan 21, 2008
  5. I invite you to take this opportunity to go fuck yourself.

#45     Jan 21, 2008
  6. Before I started trading for a living, I had a stock go down 13k on me from close to open. Maybe, because I was not trading for living, I took it better than him. I certainly learned from it. You have to be prepared for the market to go against you and to trade for a living you have be psychologically constructed in a certain way. I only daytrade now, and not holding overnight is the probably the best thing about daytrading.

#46     Jan 21, 2008
  7. lwlee

lwlee

You know, the sad thing is if the market had gone up and he had made a lot of money. He would have thought he was a financial genius.

Predicting turning points is the hardest thing to do in trading. Better to stay with the trend. Or not make reckless ALL-IN bets.

And no, it's not funny at all.

#47     Jan 21, 2008
  8. I hit refresh on this thread and somehow it reposted an earlier comment. I am not sure how that happened.

#48     Jan 21, 2008
  9. A profitable trader only profits from the unprofitable ones.

The disciplined trader profits from the undisciplined ones.

If you feel sorry for the undisciplined ones you are in the wrong business.

What is 'funny' about the video is not the money he lost but his reaction, typical of when the market catches you with your pants down. Very funny. IN RETROSPECT

A conservative disciplined trader like yourself probably has never experienced the feeling. Good for you....:)

#49     Jan 21, 2008
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

force of habit, on his blog he is still long and waits for his broker to liquidate him.

#50     Jan 21, 2008